New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sir please I need your advice. A friend is offering me his 2007 Toyota Fortuner 3.0V Diesel A/T for 700K cash. Accordingly casa maintained, and not flooded

The high mileage is due to frequent travel between Central Luzon and Manila via NLEX. Is this a good buy?

At this mileage, what are the maintenance (PMS) issues that I need to look out for like parts to be replaced?

Thanks for your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First, check how much is the selling price of a similar, but low mileage Fort 3.0 today?

Given it's highway driven a lot, wear and tear should not be too bad. What's important is that your friend follows the PMS schedule and changes what has to be changed, the Fortuner never had any major accident, and the he practices the "cooling down" of the turbo after all those long drives before he shuts off the engine.

If you have to do a major repair common on diesel vehicles with high mileage such as change of engine gaskets, replacing a busted turbo, and calibrating/repairing the CRDi system, etc. Expect that to come into your possible list of repairs later on so you should factor that in with the cost just as well.

Suspension repairs should not be a problem. Observe more things such as the 4x4 drivetrain operation (it work), the turbo has no leaks, the engine has no leaks, and the automatic transmission works fine.

2007 Fortuner 3.0V, 4x4, Diesel, A/T, 145K mileage, at 700K, Thinking of buying