New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... your 0-100kph is also dependent on how much abuse you want your clutch & tranny to take. Hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most tests done normally involved whatever each gear can take without hitting the red line.

Actual times may vary. But they should be somewhat proportional across vehicles. For example, My 06 Sonata is A/T only and is a hair slower in 0-60mph times with the A/T Accord V6.

With a 0-60 mph of 6.8 sec (Motor Trend), it's also a hair slower than the M/T Mazda6 V6 (6.67 sec) and quicker than the A/T Mazda6 V6.

The latter checked out when a driver with a nice blue M/T Mazda6 V6 and I had a friendly mile-long race from a stoplight. We were virtually neck to neck up to 100mph when we both quit and slowed down.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem is, launching an FWD vehicle... or any vehicle, for that matter... isn't entirely easy. You don't just drop the clutch at high rpms or floor it right after tipping the clutch in... you have to find the ideal combination of revs, throttle position and clutch engagement to get the launch right.

On an AT, while you may not have to balance the clutch, you still have to find the optimum RPM at which to torque brake the thing. (worn clutches are one thing, but boiling ATF is a smell to behold!).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    On an AT, while you may not have to balance the clutch, you still have to find the optimum RPM at which to torque brake the thing. (worn clutches are one thing, but boiling ATF is a smell to behold!).
    That's what street starts are for. Start off normally and then punch it. None of us think cooking the transmission over a stoplight race is worth it.

I'm wondering if the Mazda 6 has a speed governor. The driver gestured to me with a slash to the neck shortly before we both slowed down. He was about a car length ahead up to that point when I pulled even.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sir Rediesel,
    LE kinuha ko at naka $2,000.00 off the MSRP so very close sa Invoice. Wala akong option na pinalagay yun lang floor mat. Halos kumpleto na kasi eh, so ang kailangan upgrade ko na lang ay new set wheels.

Yes, sa freeway more than adequate ang power niya.

Nakaka temp nga ang Camry V6 with 6 sp auto
    Last edited by Camgen6; June 1st, 2006 at 04:37 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakakita na nga ako ng titanium silver na camry LE gwaping nga, parang lexus na ang styling hindi katulad ng previous model na pang lolo ang porma.

ano kaya LE + TRD 18" mags pogi siguro.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Kita ko kahapon sa harap ng Cosco, naka display, Titanium Silver at naka 20" Wheels.
    Last edited by Camgen6; June 1st, 2006 at 08:56 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    That's what street starts are for. Start off normally and then punch it. None of us think cooking the transmission over a stoplight race is worth it.

I'm wondering if the Mazda 6 has a speed governor. The driver gestured to me with a slash to the neck shortly before we both slowed down. He was about a car length ahead up to that point when I pulled even.
    I don't doubt it does. Many FF cars have speed limiters at 130 or thereabouts.

You can tell who the speed demons in here are... (guilty, your honor! )

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I don't doubt it does. Many FF cars have speed limiters at 130 or thereabouts.

You can tell who the speed demons in here are... (guilty, your honor! )
    OT
    The way the Mazda 6 pilot looked at his gauges (probably with surprise) and then slowed down rapidly, I'm also thinking he hit the speed governor. I've never seen a speed governor in action before especially on a sports sedan like a Mazda 6. But, the exhaust note from the Mazda 6 did become labored and different from the increasing pitch when it was still accelerating. My driver seat was just behind the Mazda 6's exhaust. So, I can hear that car's exhaust note quite clearly. I remember thinking, "Time to shift gears, buddy". It didn't occur to me then that he hit a speed wall.

Looking around the web..... C&D reported a 120mph governed speed limit on the wagon V6. I'm assuming that applies to the hatchback as well. My 2.5L Ford Contour is also speed-governed with a max speed of 115mph. That 2.5L Duratec is capable of a lot more. The 2.5L Contour SVT has the governor removed and it's top speed is 143mph. I imagine the 3.0L Duratec (on the Mazda 6 V6) is similarly capable.

Anyway, that's becoming old news. I saw my first Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R yesterday and got smoked by it too. But, there's no shame in being beaten by a car that cost $10k more than mine. Not many midsize sedans can run with, much less beat, a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 2nd, 2006 at 01:44 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agh... don't tease me... Altima SE-R... drooooooollll...

True, the SE-R is ridiculously expensive, but even the SE is supposed to be a rocket. There are quite a few stories amongst the Nissan groups of stock Altimas smoking stock 350Zs....

***sigh*** too bad the Altima will never get here. We might get the Maxima in 2.5 and 3.0 trim, but the Altima seems destined to never see our shores.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2006 2.4L Accord, 2007 2.4L Camry Observations?