New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are the performance of these engines ok? Do I still need to go one up to the V6's or these 2.4s are enough.

Owners please share your thoughts and experiences on these vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Are the performance of these engines ok? Do I still need to go one up to the V6's or these 2.4s are enough.

By the way the all-new Camry 2.4 should be getting the stronger 170PS version of the 2.4 liter VVTi engine now being used in the all-new Rav-4 and Previa.

The facelifted(buttlifted) Accord will also get an updated engine, a 170PS 2.4 liter i-VTEC.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005

USDM versions, Test drive ko ang 06 Accord ilang beses na w/ 2.4 I4 166hp, it is actually my first choice, with more power compared to the 07 Camry 2.4 I4 with 158hp. Yes these 4 cylinders are more than adequate enough for performance, mas sportier ang ride ng Accord, mas luxurious ang ride naman ng Camry. But the 6 cylinders are very smooth and powerful. I chose the Camry 4 cyl. because it has nice features like 7 airbags, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, at ang Audio (my own opinion) sounds better specially the bass, with MP3 capability, MP3 jack at ang volume it turns up as you drive faster and turns down as you come to a stop.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    By the way the all-new Camry 2.4 should be getting the stronger 170PS version of the 2.4 liter VVTi engine now being used in the all-new Rav-4 and Previa.

The facelifted(buttlifted) Accord will also get an updated engine, a 170PS 2.4 liter i-VTEC.
    Sir AG4, ano ang ibig sabihin ng PS at papaano i-convert sa horsepower?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Almost the same as hp... about 0.98 HP = 1 PS

And yes, the 2.4 versions are more than powerful enough for local conditions, and with this size of car, offer the proper balance of power and fuel efficiency for everyday use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I meant was is it powerful enough in the US's freeways. Sorry if I got you confused. I'm quite familiar with the K24 iVtec, pero application niya e sa CRV, so far medyo ok naman kaya lang sometimes parang kulang sa hatak lalo na kung naka aircon. Pero pag binirit hanggang sa Vtec turning point e malakas, malakas din sa gasolina.

*Boss medyas,

Camry po ba niyo e CE, LE, SE o XLE, invoice niyo po ba nakuha? Ano options pinalagay niyo.

Actually nakaka intrigue yung bagong 3.5 V6 ng Camry sarap sigurong i long drive, 6 speed shiftable automatic yata ang transmission. Kaya lang mahal ng gas $2.9 - $<3.0 / gallon.

Any news kung merong bagong Accord by the end of the year, I was projecting to buy a new car sa thanks giving holiday, para year end sale habol ko na rin pihado makukuha ko ng invoice at low APR.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should be. The 2.4 on the 2004 Camry can cruise at 80-100mph very quietly. If the newer one has a slight bump in power... it should be even better.

Of course, for most Americans, the 11-second plus 0-62mph (0-100 km/h) time of the AT Camry 2.4 is "unbearably slow", but it's perfectly acceptable for daily use.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    11 secs +? damn, ganon ba kabagal, the CRV with 2.4 is rated at 8.1 M/T- 9.5 secs A/T. considering its an SUV (brick not aerodynamic).

According to Motortrend.com
    "With either a five-speed manual or optional four-speed slushbox, Honda coaxes V-6-like performance from an efficient I-4. Manually rowing gears in the CR-V, we almost felt we were driving a Civic Si. Our track testing said we were fairly close: From a standstill, 60 mph came in a scant 8.1 sec and the quarter mile passed in 16.1 sec at 85.2 mph. Who says a four-banger can't keep up with bigger boys?"

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    11 secs +? damn, ganon ba kabagal, the CRV with 2.4 is rated at 8.1 M/T- 9.5 secs A/T. considering its an SUV (brick not aerodynamic).
    9.5s for the A/T? C! Magazine puts the 2.4L CR-V's 0-100kph at around 12s+.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Testing discrepancies. I keep forgetting some testers can't launch FFs and some can't launch ATs.

I've fallen for that, too. The RS times are listed anywhere from 8.2 - 9+

Okay, I've looked it up. Officially, 0-60 of the 5AT 2.4 Camry is 8.75 seconds. Still "slow" ( ) by American standards, but not horrible.

Still, not exactly what I'd expect of a 160hp front wheel drive mid-sizer. realistically, it should pull just under 10.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2006 2.4L Accord, 2007 2.4L Camry Observations?