New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Toyota should launch a more powerful model of the Altis to steal the Speed King crown from that SiR. The engine is a 1.8-liter VVTL-i found in the Celica and Matrix. Plus add in the 6-speed transmission. That should translate to 0-100 km/h acceleration of around 7 seconds and a top speed of over 220. And if this will be sold at less than a million, there will be a lot of buyers! :twisted:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    here here!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    true, true...

most car companies really haven't gotten the idea that a lot of people here in the philippines crave for power and speed :!:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but the problem is if you put a very powerful car to a stupid driver, disaster would surely happen. that's why imprezas are sold very high even though it's just a 4-door saloon. no offense to sir owners but some owners want speed but doesn't know how to handle it. that's why we have lots of accidents involving sir's. having that powerful car, the driver should have advance driving lessons or track experience.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    but the problem is if you put a very powerful car to a stupid driver, disaster would surely happen. that's why imprezas are sold very high even though it's just a 4-door saloon. no offense to sir owners but some owners want speed but doesn't know how to handle it. that's why we have lots of accidents involving sir's. having that powerful car, the driver should have advance driving lessons or track experience.
    but the local civic sir also had very minimal safety features as compared to other sedans on the market. No ABS brake, no airbag, etc. A good thing though is that its got 4 wheel disc brakes but the choice of stock tires also sucked.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, those lack of safety features should've gone into the heads of those drivers, but no!... they still pushed the car.. and when its time to stop!.. *bam!*..... then they'll put the blame in lousy safety features.... i still think it's all in the driver. If he knows his car is not safe... then why drive the hell out of it??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone here know how to tune the 1.6 VVTi Altis? I don't think there are any bolt-on mods for the engine in the market yet. Could be wrong though...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HBOY
    well, those lack of safety features should've gone into the heads of those drivers, but no!... they still pushed the car.. and when its time to stop!.. *bam!*..... then they'll put the blame in lousy safety features.... i still think it's all in the driver. If he knows his car is not safe... then why drive the hell out of it??

AGREE!!! Know the limits of your car and drive within those limits!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I almost 'parked' an SiR on a center island once. Walang ABS and nahirapan ako mag-modulate dahil may buhangin pala sa daan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
180hp Altis!