New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    kasya po ba ang 17" rim sa bigbody? ano po magandang tire offset gamitin para hindi sasayad ang gulong sa fender? help po mga bossing.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kasya but you have to suffer some things.

not worth it imo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same comments as with Renzo. Kasya, gwapo tignan, etc. but you will have to use low profile tires such as 215/40 R17s or 205/45 R17s and these will affect comfort and practicality a lot on our roads. I'd prefer honest to goodness 15s or at the most, 16s. If you can find the rare 15" Levin mags, mas maganda.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Some 15" rims look big. Like mine. LOL. While others, look smaller than it should. Typical Rotas.

IMO, if looks are all you're after, then there are a wide variety of rims that would look okay on your car. Close to perfect. Doesn't mean that you're on low profile tires it would automatically look good. It would still depend on how the rims look like.

Also, sayad is a given. The main consequence you should think of is the safety of your rims and the lesser fuel efficiency that you would get.

Bigger rims usually would equate to a heavier load, hence, the drop in FC should be expected. And if your load is heavier, typically, acceleration & everything else would suffer too.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks for the info sir's. i should go for 15"s now. what better offset could you recommend sir's para hindi sasayad yung tires sa fender specially sa front tires.

17" rim on corolla bigbody 93 model?