New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If hindi pa na bubuksan ang engine cover, I would recommend na babuksan sa susunod na PMS. Makikita kasi kung maganda pa ang lubrication ng engine.

This was my engine before a costly overhaul

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tanong ko lang mga ilang kilometer na natakbo ng sasakyan mo .

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    * sir mel, any updates on your car?

* sir s.u., mine is 94.6k km.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Our ZZ is a 9'th gen. It is running again kaso nakaka 230km pa lang since the over haul.

I have reseted the trip counter B kasi we have to do a change oil after 1000 km and re torque the engine bolts and clamps.

Kaso after 120+ km, the engine was loosing power at ayaw mag rev. The new cylinder head na nabili namin sa alabang parts has 6 small holes for coolant. 2 between each cylinder. the cylinder head gasket also has these holes. but the engine block does not have these holes. Pinasok ng coolant ang oil ng makina. nag gatas. buti na lang hindi nag over heat. sayang tulong ang toyota mineral oil at toyota long life coolant.

Ito na daw ang standard cylinder head ayon sa alabang parts.

with the trip meter at 133Km, binaba ulit ang makina para ma linis. now using oridnary mineral oil and distilled water (absolute). Have been monitoring the coolant and oil since the 2nd na pag baba ng makina. so far so good. naka 100 km na since then. tonight, trip meter B will have about 270km.

nakabili ng cylinder head gasket with out the holes and the holes of the cylinder head has been plugged with hi-temp epoxy. para mas sigurado, used a gasket cement this time around.

Since break in period, mahina pa mag accelerate than before.

Have to also change the following items:
    1. Belt tensioner
    2. front brake pads
    3. front wheel bearins
    4. Engine support
    5. suspension bushing and front ball joint
    Last edited by meledson; May 14th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    just an update.

as of this morning, 99,893+ km na ang ZZ ko. malamang pag-uwi ng bahay mamayang gabi, papatak na ng 100k km. Mother ko ang may dala kase coding ang vios.

im still not sure where to bring my car for the 100k km pms. but leaning towards na siguro sa casa (TQA). since im planning to have my timing chain replaced. but still not sure, still on research mode.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post

im still not sure where to bring my car for the 100k km pms. but leaning towards na siguro sa casa (TQA). since im planning to have my timing chain replaced. but still not sure, still on research mode.
    Well, if you research more, i don't think you'll end up going to TQA for service.

The timing chain doesn't need replacement unless you already have engine clatter (especially in cold start-ups) emanating from the chain.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Well, if you research more, i don't think you'll end up going to TQA for service.

The timing chain doesn't need replacement unless you already have engine clatter (especially in cold start-ups) emanating from the chain.
    yup, i know whats in TQA

my problem is on why am i leaning towards the dealer because im not sure what checklist i have to do on the 100k pms. the casa should know that, i think.

ex.

change oil
    change oil filter
    change M/t oil
    change spark plugs (30k km old na)
    change fuel filter (already done this at 80k pms)
    change fluids (power steering, coolant, brake (not sure of these 3))
    change timing chain (not sure of this, but leaning towards it)
    change engine belts (not sure sure of this also, but i think i will since its been a long time since i replaced one of this, i think it was at the 40k pms)

anu anu pa ba?

im sure there are many shops out their that can service my car. ill probably go to speedyfix if i have the budget again.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100K service isnt a heavy service really. Its usually every 40,000kms that have the most work required so your next major PMS is at 120K.

Speedyfix would be a better alternative over TQA IMO.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    100K service isnt a heavy service really. Its usually every 40,000kms that have the most work required so your next major PMS is at 120K.

Speedyfix would be a better alternative over TQA IMO.
    ^^^ That's right.

Kaso pag casa, every 20,000 ang aircon maintenance. - medyo may kamahalan ng konti.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    ^^^ That's right.

Kaso pag casa, every 20,000 ang aircon maintenance. - medyo may kamahalan ng konti.
    Sir does aircon maintenance include cleaning of the aircon? Plan ko na rin kasi ipalinis aircon nung samin kasi walang aircon filter. Magt- 20k na odo nya.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
100k km PMS for Altis 9th gen