New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by vinj
    It wont get damaged... We did this with our AE111 LE model early this year and so far so good. I plan to change to ceramic sockets sometime next year though.

Its the Nissans that need new sockets as soon as you change the bulbs... The Toyota sockets are more durable to the heat.
    Thanks for the info. I was just worried bec with the stock bulbs 55/60watts, the headlight clear lens does get pretty hot already.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any of you guys know where I could buy ceramic sockets/ Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wiretapmd....sa intense sa banawe meron.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With regards to the darkening lens...i noticed that with the Philips bulb w/ the UV protection thang, the lens dont (or hardly) get black. I observed this with our Nissan Sentra Grandeur and our Corolla... before i changed to those bulbs, nagnitim yung lens so i had to clean them before changing to the new bulbs.

Wiretap, sa Reys Electrical and Wizzard meron din.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    question, should you be concerned about the wiring at all? or ok na yung oe and palit lang to ceramic sockets.
    kaya ba idiy yung palit to ceramic sockets?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapag hindi ka nagpalit ng wires..may tendency na uminit nang uminit ito hanggang masunog.edi mas malaking gastos pa yun diba?

maninipis kasi ang stock wires..ung iba...manipis na...tapos pangit pa ang quality..madali mag init...

so the best thing to do is upgrade the wires..gawing mas makapal at mas maganda ang quality since mag uupgrade ka ng bulbs na mas mataas ang wattage.

mas mataas ang wattage..mas may tendency uminit.

ngayon..kung sockets lang papalitan mo..hindi nga masusunog ang sockets mo..sunog naman ang wiring system mo.

hth.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    hindi ba yung mga upgraded wires normally nakatap lang naman sa existing OE wires? so partly OE pa din yung wiring. yung part near the socket lang ang napapalitan?
    or is everything being replaced?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    power, ground that go through the RELAYS are upgraded.

I finally had my stock headlight bulbs upgraded this morning! Kina GlennSter ko pinagawa!

I bought the Bosch ceramic sockets at Wizzards, for P290 each (sa Intense Banawe P250 each lang). And I also bought the Osram 100/80 Halogen Bulbs (stock color -- I found the all-weather to be too yellow) at Wizzards for P270 each.

Then I brought them to Glenn's place in Kamias. I bought the wire harness from them (set na, including the relays and fuse) for P550, and installation labor is P150. Workmanship is ok. Tonight will be the first time I'll be using them. I hope I don't get disappointed.

Ngayon lang ako naka-kita ng complete lineup of Castrol products. Official distributor yata si GlennSter ng Castrol eh. Nice shop, and very nice service! Many thanks to you and Ronald!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uy ser paolo!!!ahrhahrahrgaling...diko alam nagpunta ka...

pag nagkaron ng problem...sabihin mo lang agad...so far..isa palang naman ang nagka problema samin out of many...kasi luma na ung ibang wores..kaya ung sudden rush daw ng more electricity burned it....so kailangan ipa rewire lahat...

malubha no...herh..pero dont worry...sa mga old cars naman un...

sana po walang problema.japan wires gamit jan...

ung castrol po kasi mejo maganda ang benta chaka ang mga promos nila..pero langis parin eh...super baba ng tubo..herhehrehr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
100 watt headlight upgrade for 97-00 Corolla AE111