New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi guys, i'm a new member here.
    Need some help regarding my 04 camry 2.0. having some overheating problem on a long drive and when i'm stuck in traffic in the middle of the day (summer). i noticed that both fan runs a little slower than normal.

I observe further, both fan runs normally on city driving and slows down when the engine reaches its optimum operating temperature.

My mechanic said that the fans runs at low speed and a high speed. depending on what cooling the engine and radiator needs. so there's my prob, somewhere in the cooling system has a problem, don't know what it is.

thermostat, fan relays. temperature gauge sending unit, fan itself?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the Altis fans also operate in that way. Low speed and high speed.

What's the mileage of your Camry and when was the last time you serviced the cooling system? Its really overheating (red zone) or just hotter than usual? Do you lose water?

You have to take a look at it item by item; if you're losing water/coolant then items like checking for leaks on the hoses, clamps, water pump and changing the radiator cap can be a start. If you're not losing water and is merely running hot then servicing the cooling system (flush, lavramon), checking the fans and items like the thermostat can be a starting point.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the reply...

it was serviced last year, but it's not yet the problem. There was no reduction in water level even in the reservoir. The noticeable problem is the fan speed. Instead of working on a high speed it's just stayed on it's lowe mode causing the overheat. Don't know what part to replaced.

The problem with casa they tend to replaced everything even parts that's in good working condition. That's why I need to be specific with the parts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    was it bought 2nd hand?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Replace fan motor if it hasn't been replaced, look for genuine only never use replacement or surplus, mahalaga yan baka sirain lang makina mo kaka overheat

04 camry overheatuing problem