New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    The question came to mind today after a friend of mine and I pulled up behind an SUV after making a u-turn to park on that side of the road. Upon seeing us trying to park properly to safely stay out of traffic, the driver politely moved his SUV forward to help us fit our large pick-up in the tight space.

After seeing this rare gesture my friend exclaimed: "Yan ang driver! Marunong umintindi..".

This made me think. What does make a good driver? Is it the driver who knows how to drive defensively? Is it a driver that can take a corner like a pro? Or is it the driver who can control his temper behind the wheel? Or maybe it's the driver who knows how to take care of his ride inside out?

What does make a good driver?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think being a driver has nothing to do with it but rather on the well being of the person behind the wheel.a man full of self respect knows how to respect others as well.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me its the ability to adapt correctly and promptly to different situations.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    For me, a good driver should possess at least the following:

1. Courteous;
    2. Knew to respect the rights of other drivers and other road users, especially the pedestrians;
    3. Have a lot patience.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3055[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    always follows the traffic rules even when there is no police officers around
    and has a never ending patience for other "pasaway" drivers

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    for me, being a good driver is getting to your destination with the least stress and feeling relaxed. kasama na cguro yng pagiging considerate sa ibang drivers at sa mga sakay mo...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yan yun... "marunong umintindi."

They know what other drivers around them are doing, thinking and about to do.

Safer din yung ganyang klaseng driver... they can predict if the guy in front of them is erratic and may slam the brakes in the middle of traffic... they can see a crazy overtaker coming from five cars back and can move out of the way to avoid an accident.

And they are more patient with other driver's mistakes, as they can see the situation from the other driver's point of view.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    A good driver doesn't blow their vehicle's horn in front of people and don't block their vehicle in pedestrian lanes.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Simple. Do unto other drivers what you want them to do to you.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by blue1108 View Post
    for me, being a good driver is getting to your destination with the least stress and feeling relaxed. kasama na cguro yng pagiging considerate sa ibang drivers at sa mga sakay mo...
    i agree, drivers should realize that for daily driving they should be as relaxed as possible para iwas init ng ulo and iwas stress but i also dont mean to drive slow basta dapat sakto lang which usually means driving faster than that jeep beside u. In turn, if a lot of people do this, ma iinfluence more commuters and thus a more relaxed commuting experience for all in the future... thats just my wish for this country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What makes a good driver?