New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Taxi technology hits Davao: Pay via ATM or Debit card - Yahoo! News Philippines

Starting Friday, Davao City will have the most advanced mode of payment for cabs.

According to Ryan Tan, assistant manager of Mabuhay Taxi in Davao City, 20 of the company's Black taxis will begin accepting payments from Bancnet and Megalink ATM and debit cards. It's a first for PH and it's happening in Davao City, hundreds of kilometers away from the country's capital.
    The company is still working on processing payments by credit card but Tan said it will come soon.

Davao Mayor Sara Duterte also announced this on her Fanpage.

"Starting July 6, 2012, Black Mabuhay Taxis will begin accepting fare payments using Megalink and Bancnet member ATM/Debit Cards," according to the post.

Mabuhay Taxi, with sister company Blue Taxi, has a fleet of more than 200 cabs that will install card readers on all of its cabs, Tan told Yahoo! Southeast Asia.

But even without the electronic payment system, Mabuhay's Black taxi line is already a cut above regular cabs, Tan said. They are equipped with a global positioning system and dispatching is done by a computer.

"For example, if you call us for a cab, we can input that in the system and it will check which cabs are closest to you and tell the driver to go to you," he said. He said the system is identical to the system used by cabs in Singapore.

Tan explained that phone-a-cab services are popular in Davao City but that other operators dispatch cabs by two-way radio.

"We are positioning the Black cabs as an upscale taxi but at the same rate (as regular taxis)," Tan said.

Mabuhay Black has an exclusive taxi stand at SM City Davao and is the exclusive taxi service providers for the Marco Polo Davao Hotel and the Grand Regal Hotel.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    swerte naman ng mga taga davao.

pano kaya pag wala na palang pera sa atm?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    swerte naman ng mga taga davao.
    swerte talaga. arguably the best city in the philippines to reside in. from the city center it's just 30 minutes away from white sand beaches and about 40 minutes to the south, green lush mountains naman. i spent almost nine glorious years over there. i love dabaw!
    Last edited by baludoy; July 6th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ibahin ninyo si Duterte...

16.1K:nerves:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sana magkaroon din dito sa manila OK talaga sa davao pwede sa pagkasenador si duterte kaya lang yaw nya ata
    sana buong mindanao pakialaman nya outside davao at gen.san ala ng development puros problema sa peace and order yun lang naman main problem sa mindanao

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's easy to implement in davao, dahil probinsiya but here in Manila? Never mind meron pa schemer ng mga CC or debit card na kasabwat yun taxi driver, Saka Ano ba naman thousands of pesos ba fare Sa taxi at Kailangan pa I debit or ATM card gamitin,

Kung mag commute kayo maghands kyo ng cash panbayad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ibahin ninyo si Duterte...

16.1K:nerves:
    Iba rin talaga mga tao sa likod ni Duterte....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd like to see those transport cards like what's used in SG where you just swipe for the bus, train or cab.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    swerte talaga. arguably the best city in the philippines to reside in. from the city center it's just 30 minutes away from white sand beaches and about 40 minutes to the south, green lush mountains naman. i spent almost nine glorious years over there. i love dabaw!
    Spent four years of high school there 2 decades ago. Buti na lang their taxi service is still dependable and reliable. I could get a taxi in the middle of nowhere at 2AM 15 mins after I call their dispatch center.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'd like to see those transport cards like what's used in SG where you just swipe for the bus, train or cab.
    Mas maganda ganito...parang cellphone na bili ka prepaid load then lagay mo Sa transport card in case mawala hinde problema...debit card ipapa swipe mo sa taxi Dito? Huwag na lang

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast