New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Every year, World Vision commits to help an average of 4,000 children waiting for sponsorship. Aside from sponsoring a child, you can help more children by:

Encouraging your family, friends and officemates to become World Vision sponsor. Call (+632) 372.7777 to request for extra brochures and other collaterals. We may also contact and explain the mechanics to them by giving us their contact details.

Linking World Vision to your company for corporate partnership, either through Child Sponsorship or Sectoral Projects on education, health and/ or livelihood.

Should you request, our Acquisition Team would be glad to conduct presentation and prepare tie-up proposal for your company.

Creating a World Vision link in your sites. (www.worldvision.org.ph)

Endorsing World Vision to be the beneficiary of your Alumni Association, church, company or even family gatherings and events.

Giving extra donations to help other children under our care who are still waiting to be sponsored.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sponsorship is a way for you to make a real and life-changing difference for ONE precious boy or girl in need, along with his/ her family and community. Your regular sponsorship pledges - of P600 a month, or P20 a day (P7,200 annually) - will make sure those children are going to schools and are in good health.

What it provides?

Through child sponsorship, you’ll help World Vision address the immediate and long-term needs affecting your sponsored girl or boy. Your donations will also help prepare your child’s community for emergencies. Areas in which your support will help your sponsored child include:

Education
    Skills training
    Improved Nutrition
    Livelihood assistance
    Health care
    Safe water
    Value formation

World Vision partners with local staff and families to develop long-term solutions and strengthen the community in which your sponsored child lives.

The ultimate goal is to see families and communities reach a point of self-sufficiency, thereby giving your sponsored child a better, healthier world in which to live.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    apat na bata ang sponsor ko since 2009.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacavanza View Post
    Maganda yan sir.

I'm one of the Ambassador of Child Sponsorship.

And may sponsor din ako mga bata.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacavanza View Post
    But sad to say 118 views but no pledges.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pass muna ako dito paps. i have kasi sa ibang child org.
    Last edited by redeemed; March 29th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
    pass muna ako dito paps. i have kasi sa ibang child org.
    that's good paps...

at least you giving back something. sharing your wealth and goodness.

Yung mga may bisyo dyan baka pwede nyo naman bawasan nang konti. -P- 600.00 lang po monthly katumbas nang isang batang gumanda ang kinabukasan.

for any inquiry don't hesitate to PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    244 views...

mga bossing baka naman pwede...

just 600 pesos a month. maliit na bagay lang naman sa inyo eto eh.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I used to. I stopped around 4 years ago. Here's why;

I sponsored a vietnamese kid (aged 7 when World Vision enrolled me as his sponsor) in '96 or '97. WV even got the kid to write me and feed on my "sympathy". Then after almost ten years I stopped when I realized this whole World Vision thing is a business. In a reunion with my former high school classmates a leading WV staff and an alumni came. Now he has a spanking home in Alabang, a car far newer than what I have and from his appearance you can see how "well off" he is. He does credit WV for this.

Then I realize other foundations help kids with their lead agencies not using such sales pitch as WV does and employing people who get rich feeding on other people sympathy and empathy.

So I stopped. This modus operandi is no different from those "love gifts" asked by rich born again preachers. I would rather give my hard earned money to real charities.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    I used to. I stopped around 4 years ago. Here's why;

I sponsored a vietnamese kid (aged 7 when World Vision enrolled me as his sponsor) in '96 or '97. WV even got the kid to write me and feed on my "sympathy". Then after almost ten years I stopped when I realized this whole World Vision thing is a business. In a reunion with my former high school classmates a leading WV staff and an alumni came. Now he has a spanking home in Alabang, a car far newer than what I have and from his appearance you can see how "well off" he is. He does credit WV for this.

Then I realize other foundations help kids with their lead agencies not using such sales pitch as WV does and employing people who get rich feeding on other people sympathy and empathy.

So I stopped. This modus operandi is no different from those "love gifts" asked by rich born again preachers. I would rather give my hard earned money to real charities.
    An eye opener.....because we currently have 2 sponsored children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
sponsor a child with World Vision