New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Uhm, I got a fat raise. I'm not sure how relevant this is to other people though
    Hehehe. Me also got a whooping 100%!!! Sadly only the internal revenue and mah wayp is happy.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Another Good News,
    Pagtapos ng ating mga trabaho may uuwian tayong bahay na may mga cute na tsikiting na naghihintay at nagmamahal. 2 hours pa bago uwian + 2 hours na byahe alabang to filinvest qc, 4 hours pa bago ko mayakap mga kids ko. Pero masarap pa ring mabuhay inspite of all the hang-ups.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good news: i won a brandnew nokia 8800 (worth 49k daw) last week in a convention i was supposed to attend..

Bad news: i wasn't able to attend so the prize was given to somebody else..

Consolation: i still have my trusty old nokia fone to use (na parating may load..hehe)

My point: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS INSTEAD OF SHEEP...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Another Good News,
    Pagtapos ng ating mga trabaho may uuwian tayong bahay na may mga cute na tsikiting na naghihintay at nagmamahal. 2 hours pa bago uwian + 2 hours na byahe alabang to filinvest qc, 4 hours pa bago ko mayakap mga kids ko. Pero masarap pa ring mabuhay inspite of all the hang-ups.
    :cool: :flower:

That's the best ever grand prize we can get for going home after work. Ako kahit pagod and puyat (graveyard), almusal lang then takbo na kami sa playground ng mga anak ko. What a way to unwind....sarrrraaaap.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats the best news mga PARE... for us to be thankful na masaya tayo sa ating mga pamilya, asawa at mga anak. Ito na lang minsan ang nagiging rason natin to move on sa kabilang ng mga problema ng bansa.

GOOD NEWS for me.... masaya at mainit ang pagmamahalan namin ni Misis

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doublea
    :cool: :flower:

That's the best ever grand prize we can get for going home after work. Ako kahit pagod and puyat (graveyard), almusal lang then takbo na kami sa playground ng mga anak ko. What a way to unwind....sarrrraaaap.

yep the best talaga yan, ao i cant wait to go home and see may family, pampa-alis talaga ng pagod

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Family resemblances can be lifesavers.

A father who had been missing and who was already presumed dead by his children was reunited with them after 35 long years.

One of the sons of this man worked as a security guard. His colleague asked him one day, "Do you have any relatives in Isabela? I've seen someone there who is your spitting image, only older."

This led the son to ask more about what his fellow guard had said. Eventually, the guard and his siblings went to Isabela to see firsthand who this mysterious stranger was.

They were quite surprised and almost couldn't believe that the person they found there looked very much like their father, a businessman who had been missing since they were kids.

The man was already in his 80s, homeless, and without any recollection of his earlier years, but his children knew the man was their father because of his resemblance to them and because of his birthmark.

The family went home together. The children have slowly been nursing the old man back to health and helping him to remember their common past.

This is a true story by the way. You won't find it in any tabloid. It was relayed to me by my wife. The old man is one of her patients
    a great story soo happy for the family

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Kaya maguwian na tayo! Let's go home! Now! :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    What Others are Saying About the Need for Good News....

Colin Powell “Thank you for writing your newsletter, Some Good News! I enjoyed reading the positive stories... I am heartened by the goodness and generosity that I see in people... Keep up your good work.”

Oprah Winfrey “I think there needs to be a change of consciousness with the news...to try to seek a higher ground. Why can't it be more representative of the way the world really is? Or is news designed just to bring bad news? I think we don't know what the bombardment of the crime and violence does to our minds- I think we're in denial about it.”--September, 1997

Dr. Christiane Northup “Every thought we think changes our biochemistry. Your hormones are all effected by your thoughts. Pay attention to things that bring you joy. Walk away from negativity. When I read the newspaper, I look for the good news.” - Oprah show, 1999

Marianne Williamson “I think the press, including t.v. journalism, has an ethical responsibility, a sacred responsibility, a service mission.... to make good news just as entertaining (as we've made ***y the violence).”

Norman Cousins (Editor of Saturday Review) “If news is not really news unless it is bad news, it may be difficult to claim we are an informed nation.”

Mark Gerzon Campaign for Common Ground, Organizer of a bipartisan congressional retreat in May '97, “A media diet of hostility, blame, confrontation and violence corrodes your civic outlook.”

Geneva Overholser (Washington Post Ombudsman, July 20; about the impact her newspaper has on its city) “Are we supposed to be boosters or promoters? What are we supposed to be? Not destroyers of community; not extinguishers of hope. We need to think about our impact. We tend to say we don't have one; we just pass along the news. Readers say otherwise.”

Gerald Herbert Photojournalist; in a news photo exhibit in NY- “Throughout my career I have covered much pain and suffering. I feel what I have been doing lacks balance. It is not enough, in fact it is too easy, to show just the bad things in the world. People are inundated with images of violence and grief. So much so that many don't want to see it any more and they close their minds and hearts. I have found...that people are thirsting for images of goodness in order to maintain their hope in a difficult world. Sometimes, the measure of our work as journalists is not the professional recognition of colleagues, but rather the mark we make in the hearts of readers who see our work.”

Arianna Huffington
    “The media doesn't focus on community-based solutions unless it's on Thanksgiving or Christmas. They have not found a way to make them compelling.”

Paul
    (In a letter to the Philippians 3:8)- And finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about these things.

Brooke Shields
    “We spend so much time being bombarded by the bad stuff that we need to be thankful for the people that give you hope.”

Ellen Hume “It is hardly an overstatement to say that the institutions of the press-because of their ubiquity and influence- have become our new political bosses.” --1991

Charles Osgood He dubbed Charles Kuralt “the Good News Guy...This Walt Whitman carrying a reporters pad...He preserved for us every reason we have as a country to be hopeful.”

Rosie O'Donnell After sharing a story on her talk show about a seeing-eye dog- (referring to the media) "I love when they do the good stories. Someone surviving or overcoming.”

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Kaya maguwian na tayo! Let's go home! Now! :D
    hehehe kung pwde nga lang eh

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Some Good News...