The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Search on for trike driver who returned passenger’s P100,000

By Edwin Fernandez
    Mindanao Bureau
    Last updated 02:47pm (Mla time) 09/14/2007

MIDSAYAP, North Cotabato -- Police authorities here have started the search for the unidentified tricycle driver who returned P100,000 left behind by a passenger on Tuesday, an official said Friday.

Superintendent Chinto Mamburam, Midsayap police chief, said he was out of the office when the tricycle driver turned over to policemen on duty the bundle of cash accidentally left by a passenger, later identified as a certain Mr. Cortez.

Cortez reportedly owns a refreshment parlor here.

The driver reportedly told police officers on duty: "This is not mine, what is not destined for me will never be mine."

Mamburam said the tricycle driver told the officers he only wanted to return the money, and left without giving his name."

Mayor Manuel Rabara said he would like to meet the unidentified driver, not only to thank him but to also inform him that he will be honored during the town fiesta in November.

"We want to recognize his good act," Rabara said.

"He is worth emulating, he should serve as a model in our town, he is one in a million," said Enedina Cacabelos, a businesswoman.

Rex Torino, a local broadcaster covering the police beat, said he was able to speak to the tricycle driver during the turnover of the cash to police.

"He was very humble. No matter how I tried to convince him to give me his name, he simply ignored me and said he was happy he did something good," Torino said.

Mamburam said they suspected that the unidentified driver was from the nearby town of Libungan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Angel in disguise :angel:

It

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006

It is really refreshing

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006

It is really refreshing to hear

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006

It is really refreshing to hear news like this once in a while.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006

It is really refreshing to hear news like this once in a

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^^^^^ Whoa!!!
    What happened to my browser??????

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    have noticed lately... napakaraming good spirited drivers who're turning over great sum of money that can uplift their life temporarily but opted otherwise. mabuhay po kayo

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Its nice to know na may mga trustworthy citizens parin in our midst. To you, the trike driver...MABUHAY KA!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mabuhay ka pinoy!!!

on the side note, buti pati yong pinag iwanan na pulis mabuti din.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Search for Trike Driver who returned pasenger's 100K