New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    Other favorite jeepney quotes:
    * Kapag lubak tambak, kapag butas pasak.
    * Ang sumutsot aso, ang kumatok g*go, ang pumara tao.
    * We will not be responsible for anything that is loss here in this vehicle, including your virginity.

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2
    My favorite is "God Knows Hudas Not Pay".

Naalala ko tuloy ung isang beses, me biglang bumabang babae sa jeep, sinita ng driver. then, me isang lalakeng biglang nakisawsaw, kesyo di nagbabayad, etc. etc. Then biglang nagsabi sa driver ng "thank you" sabay baba.

Hindi pala sila talo sa babae :p ung mamang driver wala nang nagawa.

Anyways, going back to topic, kelangan din ng lakas ng loob. You can be given the best education, experience, money, etc. but if you don't take risks once in a while, wala ring mangyayari sayo. i know that for a fact. But even then...

i have to agree with what sir Retz said. a lot of people will tell you all you need is hard work, smarts, connections, etc. Hindi na lang siguro minemention yan 'coz it's something that you cannot control.

Luck favors the daring, and the prepared. If you are neither when luck comes along, sayang.
    Last edited by badkuk; September 8th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    interesting article on the Lugaw Queen. she started quite late na rin pala, akala ko saturated na ung lugaw market

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    My favorite is "God Knows Hudas Not Pay".

Naalala ko tuloy ung isang beses, me biglang bumabang babae sa jeep, sinita ng driver. then, me isang lalakeng biglang nakisawsaw, kesyo di nagbabayad, etc. etc. Then biglang nagsabi sa driver ng "thank you" sabay baba.

Hindi pala sila talo sa babae :p ung mamang driver wala nang nagawa.

Anyways, going back to topic, kelangan din ng lakas ng loob. You can be given the best education, experience, money, etc. but if you don't take risks once in a while, wala ring mangyayari sayo. i know that for a fact. But even then...

i have to agree with what sir Retz said. a lot of people will tell you all you need is hard work, smarts, connections, etc. Hindi na lang siguro minemention yan 'coz it's something that you cannot control.

Luck favors the daring, and the prepared. If you are neither when luck comes along, sayang.

matalino ka nga pero hindi ka risk taker wala din mangyayari. rist taker ka nga hindi ka naman matalino eh sablay pa rin. kailangan both.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    matalino ka nga pero hindi ka risk taker wala din mangyayari. rist taker ka nga hindi ka naman matalino eh sablay pa rin. kailangan both.
    You'd be surprised how many "intelligent" people are losing their shirts in failed business ventures, stock market, etc. Masyadong bilib sa sarili, just because you're good in one field doesn't make you good in everything else.

i think you need to have a certain level of maturity, emotional maturity, and discipline as well. Not all "intelligent" people are mature or disciplined.

Look at me, talking like i know everything...still stuck in the same dead end job

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Indeed sir. Kaya nga ang advise ko eh do what you does best. Don't follow others.... hindi porket successful sila pag ginaya mo eh, magiging successful ka din.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Indeed sir. Kaya nga ang advise ko eh do what you does best. Don't follow others.... hindi porket successful sila pag ginaya mo eh, magiging successful ka din.
    So do you live by those words, Retz?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I don't go for looks. It's just a bonus for me. What's important for me is the person's character. Guapo nga e tamad, babaero, masama ugali, sakit sa ulo lang yan.

BTT: I know of a rags to riches story that happened over a decade ago:

A handsome young guy that works as a DI met an older woman that is a salon owner. The salon owner ended up leaving her husband and family for the DI then trains the DI as a stylist in her salon. Apparently the DI also had talent in styling and did well in his new career as a stylist. The salon owner just got her annulment a few years ago and married the DI/stylist. They were able to have a child pa and are together for more than a decade already. The guy now drives a matte black Mercedes sports car and lives at an exclusive village in Pasig. He spends his weekend at their vacation house in Sta Rosa. He also dresses up as if he's on a fashion show parati. I have no gaydar but I strongly believe that the guy is silahis.
    Name names naman....tongue twister ah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinapaganda lang nila story, there's always more to the story than what they are letting on...believe me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing
    Last edited by shadow; September 9th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    behind every fortune there is a crime

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    behind every fortune there is a crime
    sir pano kung nanalo sa lotto? :D

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast