New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Now streaming: MMDA Traffic Stream | Home

Here is the news item:

NEW APP | MMDA Traffic Mirror gives live video feed of traffic on strategic roads

MANILA, Philippines – The bad news: traffic in Metro Manila’s roads won’t be dramatically improving any time soon. But the good news is, yet another mobile application will allow motorists to plan their trips and avoid time-consuming, gas-draining jams.

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) launched Monday the "MMDA Traffic Mirror," which allows motorists to get real-time video feed of the latest traffic situation from nine vantage points where CCTV cameras are installed.

MMDA Traffic Mirror is only the latest addition to innovations from the agency, which earlier collaborated with InterAksyon.com, the online news portal of TV5, to develop the award-winning Traffic Navigator (TNAV). The agency also has a very helpful, public-service account called MMDA Twitter.

In explaining the latest app from his office, MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino said, "With the fast- changing technology nowadays, Traffic Mirror is MMDA's latest offering to every motorist and commuter who wants to plan their trip ahead and avoid the inconvenience brought about by heavy traffic."

He affirmed MMDA's thrust of using technology and communications to improve the motoring public's driving experience in Metro Manila.

The MMDA Traffic Mirror may be accessed at MMDA Traffic Stream | Home for free 24/7, and viewed from any PC, smartphone, or tablet device.

The website provides real-time video feed from nine closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed along Edsa, C-5 road, and Commonwealth Avenue.

Tolentino explained that "with the MMDA Traffic Mirror, motorists can see the actual traffic and flood situations in these three major roads, minus the cost that usually comes with these applications."

MMDA Traffic Mirror can also be used in monitoring flooding during the rainy season, making its launch quite timely, as rains are expected by next month just as millions of students go back to school.

The MMDA Traffic Mirror was made at no cost to the government. It was conceptualized through a public-private partnership with Information Capital Technology Ventures, Inc. (ICTV), a Makati-based telecommunication and media technology firm.

source: NEW APP | MMDA Traffic Mirror gives live video feed of traffic on strategic roads - InterAksyon.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    is this the same as the MMDA app? or ibang app pa ito?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Kelan kaya ito 100% operational??? na excite ako haha

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Just viewed the EDSA-Ayala traffic

Currently viewing the EDSA-Orense traffic

Last edited by 111prez; May 21st, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Slightly OT:

About 10-11 years back, I thought of this idea at the community level. Anyone with a webcam pointed out their window with the street in view can "stream" to a web server I've setup. It's not really a video stream but more like a frame-by-frame picture that's updated every 30 seconds to save bandwidth. Of course the technology behind it wasn't new. People had been doing this for a while to share scenery like beaches, sunrises, mountain views, their own backyard, etc. FWIW, I used the WebcamXP software.

But my purpose was not really to get realtime traffic updates or to show scenery. Instead, the concept grew out of my desire to know what was the weather like at my destination. You see, I needed that bit of intel back in 2001-2008 during my "jeproks" moments when I shifted to riding a bike going to and from work (yeah, nothing to be ashamed of ;) ). So what I did was setup a webcam pointed at a Makati street from the window where I worked and before leaving the house, I'd take a look at the feed to find out whether it's raining or flooded and if there's a need to prep up for wet weather riding. I also had another one at home serving me the same way but for when I'm going the opposite direction.

Sadly, the idea never took off beyond my own personal use.

BTT:

I've bookmarked the page and I'm looking forward to an iOS and Android app for it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    pano malaman kung alin ang northbound o southbound?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    puro offline naman ung camera

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    haist! offline pa.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Okay naman

Timing lang siguro

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Working on Firefox browser ok naman ang quality if gusto mo lang masilip ang takbo ng traffic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast