New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    http://www.mb.com.ph/BSNS2007062296326.html
    GMA cited the recent decision of several big companies to invest in the country. She announced that the TexasIinstruments will invest $ 1 billion to build a chip plant in the country. Toyota is also building its transmission plant in the country while Hanjin is building a $ 1 billion shipyard, its fourth biggest in the world.
    Marubeni together with Tokyo Electric is also investing $ 4 billion in the Philippine power sector, said President Arroyo.

Wow, keep going folks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Philippines, as a country, has a lot of potential in the first place, so I'm not really surprised of the news. Let's just hope destructive politics doesn't rear it's ugly head (with regards to GMA, I couldn't care less)...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I don't know why they did, but they just recycled old news.

Those investment news were delivered a few months ago already. Hanjin shipyard, last year.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    galing! i think this is true. i receive calls from my friends in europe that there are lots of europeans coming here starting september to invest. i'll meet them at cebu. i guess i have to stay there for 4 months . busy days are coming. waaaa

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I don't know why they did, but they just recycled old news.

Those investment news were delivered a few months ago already. Hanjin shipyard, last year.
    There's nothing wrong with Project Overview! The title says "Investors confidence on RP", okay the latest good news is MRT 7 $1.3 Billion groundbreaking by end of this year and construction to start middle of next year.

Cheers mate!