New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mr. taxi driver.....may your tribe increase.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...200000-tourist

MANILA, Philippines - A taxi driver has returned around P200,000 to a British tourist who forgot his bag inside the cab.

Ricky Lamanilao, who has been driving a taxi in Metro Manila for 25 years, returned the cash, which was in British pounds and Philippine pesos, as well as the passport, credit cards, and other documents of Paul Ross.

The tourist said he rode in Lamanilao's taxi from a mall and asked to be brought to his hotel in Makati.

He realized that he left behind his bag containing his valuables after he alighted from the taxi.

"I was panicking... all my money, my passport," Ross said.

Lamanilao said he already had another passenger when he realized that his previous passenger forgot his bag inside the taxi.

"Sabi sa kin nung pasahero, nagmamadali kami pero sabi ko, kailangan kong itabi pagtingin ko meron nga," he said.

He then returned to the hotel where Ross got off to return the bag.

Ross breathed a sigh of relief after he got his valuables back.

"I will go back to the Philippines because of Ricky," he said.

Lamanilao said it was the third time that he has returned valuables left behind by passengers.

He said he returned them despite being sometimes hard-up on cash.

"Napuputulan nga kami ng kuryente. Minsan 3 buwan di nakakabayad...naniniwala ako sa karma," he added.

As a reward, Ross took him as his personal taxi driver while the British tourist is in the Philippines.

The hotel where Ross stays will also give Lamanilao a commission everytime he brings in a guest. - Report from Zen Hernandez, ABS-CBN News

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    wow! kudos to him! sana ma-inspire lahat na maging honest

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hayyy. Good to know that there are still several very good people left dito sa bansa natin.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow, i hope that he could infect other taxi drivers out there with his honesty. kudos to ricky.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ tama si Mr. Taxi driver, may karma talaga! Kitam may sideline na siya ngayon.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ayos! sana pwede ka ma copy and paste para dumami ka.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

May your tribe increase, Sir!...

13.6K:painting:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    good things will happen to good people! keep up the good work, mr. taxi driver.
    saludo ako sa iyo...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah, people like him are considered "endangered" these days of difficulty. Kahit na wala naman balak magnakaw but if the "opportunity" presents itself to you, dale na!

My hat's off to you Mr. Taxi driver!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ikaw na Mr. Ricky Lamanilao! the best ka! Makes us proud to be pinoy!!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honest  taxi driver returns P200K to tourist