New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's like this:

Me and my boss were under pressure to have documents "legalized" with the Italian Embassy. So, I set the appointment and got all docs notarized and certified with the RTC-OCC. Once we got to the embassy in Makati, we were belatedly advised that we needed to have the certification of the RTC-OCC "authenticated" with the DFA. This was at around 11:55 am.

So, we hurry to the DFA in Roxas Blvd only to find out that the Authentication Division only processes documents between 8am -12 pm and that the docs would be released only after 4 working days. Bummer. I stuck around the cafeteria hoping to talk to someone for help. Luckily, while I was at the cafeteria, I noticed this girl in a white shirt with an ID bearing the words "Authentication Division". I strike up a conversation and ask for her help since the documents I had needed to be sent abroad ASAP.

She accompanies me to the AD's office and speaks to the supervisor. Ưun na!
    She gives me a form, asks me to pay the fees to the cashier and takes the docs (4 in total) for processing. While waiting, there was another woman who asked if her Marriage Cert. could be authenticated. The Supervisor asked why she went to the DFA so late in the day and the woman replied that she commuted all the way from Bataan and that she needed her Marriage Cert so she can live with her Pinoy husband in Qatar. Naligaw-ligaw daw kasi kaya pa na-late.

What do you know, she processed the Marriage Cert authentication as well without asking for anything. We got our documents the same day (take note, this was after 5pm).

There are still some dedicated public servants afterall. Cheers to the employees of the DFA, esp. the Authentication Division for being professional, and moreover, compassionate to the people they serve.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, madaming ok dyan sa DFA, imho....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    :cheers: sa lahat ng tapat na lingkod bayan!

sana Sir kung pwede rin magawa nila sa iba na within the day instead of having the docs for four days after submission of the docs. isa kasi ito sa mga provisions ng anti-red tape law. even after office hours tatapusin nila ang trabaho. but i could just imagine the joy that you had when you got the docs...and well that woman from bataan.

isa kasi sa panuntunan ng anti-red tape klaro yung flow of documents...dapat din may flow chart. at tine test din ng CSC kung reasonable yung days of processing the docs...speed is the language of the day.

isang matiwasay po na paglalakbay...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    yeah, that's one govt agency na di nakakainis...

the alabangers group knows one from DFA na super bait. (pa-kape ka naman! hehehe)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    galing dapat tularan

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Had a similar experience just yesterday at the DFA in Cebu City.

When I entered, the usual long queue of applicants was there but to my surprise the line moved very quickly. All their 'encoding' personnel were upbeat and very courteous.

They made things flow easily and didn't ask too many useless questions unlike a few years ago when I renewed my passport. They even had 3 personnel going around the floor asking applicants on how they can be of help or give instructions on what part of the process they should be doing.

Before I knew it, I was out of there in 20 short minutes

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kudos to that lady DFA employee.

TS, di mo ba nakuha yung full name nung employee, para mapasalamatan natin ng maayos, online?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Kudos to that lady DFA employee.

TS, di mo ba nakuha yung full name nung employee, para mapasalamatan natin ng maayos, online?
    I'll try to get her name. But, she and her staff were very courteous and professional, even though that woman from Bataan and I were the only ones left in their office waiting for our docs. Walang bakas ng reklamo o inis kahit past 5pm at uwian na ng karamihan ng government offices.

In contrast, I can't even get photocopies of records from our courts after 4pm.

PS: Mga mods, meron atang duplicate thread. Please delete nalang. Sorry po.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I also have good experience with DFA clark. Fast and complete (kahit medyo dilapidated facilities) services!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hats-off to DFA Authentication Division