New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Won't work for me I doubt the Republic of Makati will comply. I still favor coding since I really didn't notice the volume difference anyway...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ same here... i really don't go to office during my coding day. hehehe. part of the perks of telecommuting....

speaking of prices of high fuel consuming cars, yes... V6 units today are really cheap... in fact, i've seen a V6 2004 Grand Vitara being sold for only 330,000. negotiable pa. but the price of a 2004 Hyundai Getz also fetches the same price...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You know what lets buy up those gas guzzlers tapos ipa-LPG nalang natin... Yan ang tinatawag mong bargain hunting

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    What about those of us who faithfully keep our old vehicles in good running order?

Why do we have to replace our vehicles if they are still good and not negatively contributing to the environment and traffic flow? Not all of us can afford to get newer vehicles hence we really take care of the one we have.

My rig is half way to the 20 year mark but is just as good or maybe slightly better than when it came out. Why must I give it up?

In my opinion, you can most likely apply the 20 year rule those vehicles that seem like they are only held together by the dirt on the body and similar conditions. Once this is applied, a LOT of vehicles will already be removed from the streets.
    taasan ng tax. that way,only people who know what they are doing would keep such vehicles(specially the w123 and VW lovers like me). i wonder how they do it in japan and other countries though...lets face it,theres just too much derelict cars running in our streets...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have suggested this on another thread, but IMO the best way to cut traffic is to ban car financing all together. All new cars should be paid in full. IMO that will be the most effective way of cutting traffic more than numbering schemes nor gas prices itself. Its just an idea because I know it will never happen given the banking industry makes a lot of money out these loans (they make almost double the price of the car on a 60 month loan and only 20% downpayment) and the strong banking lobby in politics.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    tama! meron na talaga mga tao pang coding na oto... yung iba nga sa 2nd hand market -- "low milage kasi pang coding lang" hehehe

good idea to demolish the financing plan for cars pero tama din na it's not going to work...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I don't think its a good idea to lift the coding scheme. Coding scheme in place = less traffic = maximum fuel savings.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ask ko lang po. ang mga areas so far that don't have the window (10am-3pm) are makati, pasay, paranaque and las pinas?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batangmahal View Post
    ask ko lang po. ang mga areas so far that don't have the window (10am-3pm) are makati, pasay, paranaque and las pinas?
    Makati and Pasay lang. Kahit sa balita yun lang naman binabanggit. Kung hulihin ka sa Paranaque at Las Pinas na yun ang dahilan, i-contest mo. Malamang buwaya yun.

Back to topic, agree with GH. There's a decent amount of people who have "coding cars" these days so in essence wala na rin talaga silbe.

Pero based from the article... how SMALL is 10% of traffic volume here in the metro? Parang di ko ramdam eh. Every same day papuntang work ganun pa rin.

Mari-realize ko lang na umoonti ang volume kapag yung after ng NICHOLS Exit ng SLEX northbound eh pag mga 6-8am ng weekdays eh wala ng pila. Ibang klase eh, mapa-30/liter or 60/liter ang gas, traffic pa rin. Paano ko mapapansing umoonti kung ganun?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Anong walang traffic ang pinagsasabi nila?....

Noon lang Sabado,- inabot kami ng halos isang oras para lang maka-cross ng intersection sa may Coastal Road/Coastal Mall, from LPC going to Manila.....

Kagabi naman, halos 30minuto ang inabot namin bago maka-left turn papuntang BF Paranaque near Santos Village coming from Sucat Road (from SLEX) dahil ang pobreng traffic policeman,- mina-manu-mano ang traffic sa intersection at hindi sinusunod ang traffice light..... Hay naku!

Sobra pa rin ang traffic!

6404:pump:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast