Last Monday, my father-in-law suffered a mild heart attack. I brought him to St. Mattheus Hospital in San Mateo. He needs to undergo a 2D-echo exam (?) the hospital is charging me 2,500 pesos for ambulance charge just to bring him to another hospital in Marikina for his 2D-echo exam plus 1,150 pesos for doctor & nurse accompaniment/containment. I went to San Mateo Municipal hall and tried to borrow their ambulance, within 15 minutes they agreed and arranged the schedule of the ambulance the following day without any further questions.

After 5 days of confinement in St. Mattheus, we decided to transfer my father-in-law to Phil heart center for second opinion, the hospital cardiologist was recommending an angioplasty. In short, we need to pay the hospital 2,500 for ambulance and 2,150 for containment (nurse/doctor), mas mataas na kasi malayo daw yung heart center (ganon pala yun). I tried my luck with Brgy. Banaba (San Mateo) ambulance and after proving to them that we are resident of San Mateo then they allowed us to use the Barangay ambulance immediately.

I hope all barangays and municipalities in our country will be able to have an ambulance that can be used immediately by the people. Akala ko nun pag outside Manila ay limited ang resources ng munisipyo but I noticed also that other barangays in San Mateo are having their own ambulances.

I was able to save 5,000 pesos because of this. Laking tulong din yun para sa medication ng patient namin.

More power to our municipal and barangay leaders....

SHARING IS CARING.....

P.S. to other tsikoteers based in San Mateo, you can save money by availing of free ambulance, masyado na kasi mahal sa private hospital, lahat ay may charge and mahal.