New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, it's easy to get an idea that it must be sisiw because it was preceded by "simple" pero mas ok sana kung klaro ano talaga ibig sabihin. I'm actually interested saang probinsya sya so I'd know na ganun pala ang salita doon sa kanila.

Marami kasing parts ng Pilipinas. There are so many dialects and sometimes surprising differences in meaning like langgam means bird in some parts of the country for example.

relax lang naman dito guys.. hehe. masama lang siguro gising.. hehe.

un point ko lang e, yeap, we salute the honor guards.. pero, expressing my opinion, comparing these guards to the ones in battle in mindanao.. hehe. e dinamdam ata nung TS. ahihi. no intent naman..

"BESIW" - salitang kanto (nung araw pa).. hehe means "easy to do"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kahit kay "Tabako" Sir,..hindi aabot ng 9 hours.
    Kaya I reitertate na hindi na mauulit ito EVER

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mahirap yang ginawa nila. naka-experience na rin ako ng ganyan dati nung college kasi sa rayadillo/honor guards ako na-assign nung ROTC namin. although from 7am-12nn lang kami, may break at puwede gumalaw ng [SIZE=1]konti [/SIZE]basta wag papahuli sa officer. eh yun palang ang hirap na, pano pa kaya yung straight 9 hours. although laking tulong ng hindi sila nasisikatan ng araw at umuulan para hindi ma-dehydrate agad.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    pero alam niyo, kung iisipin, kung sisiw lang yun sa mga sundalo, sana kung sinu-sino nalang sa army kinuha nila para maging honor guards. iba naman ang training ng army sa honor guards so no point of comparison there. anyway, nice thoughts.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    From gmanews.tv

Senate to commend 4 honor guards of Cory

AMITA LEGASPI, GMANews.TV
    08/06/2009 | 02:53 PM

| | More

A resolution commending the four honor guards of the late former President Corazon Aquino during the funeral procession will be filed at the Senate.

Senator Pilar Juliana Cayetano said PO1 Danilo Maalab, Pfc. Antonio Cadiente, Airman 2nd Class Gener Laguindan, and Navy Petty Officer 3 Edgardo Rodriguez were role models of what a public servant should be.

"They did their job well and I will file a resolution commending them because it is symbolic of what people in public service should do. Whatever your job is, do it well," Cayetano said Thursday during the weekly news forum at the Senate.

The four honor guards stood on the hearse carrying Mrs. Aquino's remains for eight hours from Manila Cathedral in Intramuros to Manila Memorial Park in Parañaque amid strong winds and rains.

"For the soldiers who did their simple job but did it well through rain and storm, without food, without rest, I think that was an effort on their part that they did it without need of attention. They did not speak, they did not call attention pero kapansin-pansin ang ginawa nila," Cayetano said.

Interviewed in Camp Crame in Quezon City, the 25-year-old Maalab, a member of the Headquarters Support Service of the Philippine National Police (PNP), said he owed his stamina to God.

"Dasal ako nang dasal para mabigyan ako ni God ng stamina (I prayed to God to give me more stamina)," he said when asked on what kept him up for eight hours.

He also said he was prepared for the job since he was a fresh graduate of the Public Safety Basic Recruit Course (PSBRC).

Cayetano said commending the four honor guards was one of the messages the late President wants to relay to the people.

"I think one of the messages of President Cory was to commend the people for the little jobs that they do and this was the little job with a major impact. I think they are role models."

The senator, a triathlete, added that standing in one position for eight hours was harder than running or walking.

"It may seem like a simple job but I challenge anyone to try to stand for 8 hours. It’s harder than walking. It’s harder than running for 8 hours," she said.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nice article james00112233.

need we say more? end of discussion.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di bale pag si GMA naman ang namatay, sila rin ang honor guards. Pero di na aabutin ng 8 hrs.

BESIW na sa kanila yan........

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Marami kasing parts ng Pilipinas. There are so many dialects and sometimes surprising differences in meaning like langgam means bird in some parts of the country for example.
    Not just dialects, but LANGUAGES.

Chabacano, Pampango, Tagalog, and Ilocano, among others, are full-fledged LANGUAGES, not dialects. Dialects are subsets of languages, and our dialects here are usually unnamed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialect

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nakupo, personalan na to. popcorn pleasseeeee!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
the four honor guards...