New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Cruising from Makati to Quezon City this late evening, I got side to side with this convoy of SUVs led by an Expedition with Plate no. 4.

Speaker of the House pala. I think Atty. Nograles is the incumbent right now.

Wala, nakakabilib lang. Hindi katulad ng ibang naka no.8 plate na mas mababa sa kanya na walang ginagawa kundi maghawi ng mga tao sa daan na kala mo kung sino, ito tahimik lang.

Nakahazard lang sila at magkakasunod at di nagmamaneho na parang mga siraulo katulad ng ibang Govt vehicles. As in normal lang. If not for their hazard lights, di mo iisipin na magkakasama.

It's good to know na meron pa rin palang mga Govt officials na di makapal ang mukha sa daan.

:clap1:

# 4 speaker of d house nga yan.. # 3 senate pres...

ganun dapat..baka di lang nagmamadali hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sa other side naman, may mayabang na Rav4 with no.8 plate tapos may dalawang alipin sa harap na nakamotor tapos wang wang nang wang wang.. hehehe

Actually minsan naawa ako sa mga pulis na ganun. Naging mga walang halagang mga alipin lang. Wala nang dignity sa profession nila.
    Last edited by Horsepower; March 11th, 2009 at 01:07 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ako dati nakakita ng convoy na ganyan, tapos pinauna nila ambulansya

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On a related news:

Motorist nabbed for using Speaker’s car plate

By Tarra Quismundo
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 19:22:00 03/10/2009

Filed Under: Crime, Road Transport, Congress, Laws

MANILA, Philippines -- Traffic policemen on Tuesday arrested a motorist and impounded his car for bearing the special license plate No. 4, a protocol plate meant only for the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

The Philippine National Police Highway Patrol Group (HPG) flagged down Luis Lozano Jr., who was driving a black Mazda 3 bearing the plate that only Speaker Prospero Nograles is authorized to use.

Members of Nograles’ staff reported to the HPG on February 18 that two private cars, a silver Toyota Vios (rear plate ZEK-970) and the impounded Mazda, had been spotted with the Speaker's special plate.

In a report, the HPG said Lozano was accosted around 8:35 a.m. Tuesday on the Merville Subdivision access road in Sucat, Parañaque City, after officers noticed that his car plate lacked a 2008 registration sticker.

The car had the No. 4 plate on its front fender, its original plate, XTN-820 at the rear.

Lozano is under HPG custody while police investigate whether the protocol plate was authentic and where it came from.

The plate was brought to the Land Transportation Office Tuesday for verification, said Superintendent Edwin Butacan, the HPG information chief.

Butacan said the sitting Speaker is given two sets of the special plates: green for the lawmaker's main vehicle and a blue one for a second car, mainly for family. Other members of Congress are given the special “8” plate.

Depending on results of the investigation, Butacan said Lozano may face charges of misrepresentation or illegal use of license plate.

HPG figures showed that some 57 vehicles were flagged down in 2008 for the use of fake license plates, another 54 for illegally transferred plates and 684 for use of expired or unauthorized commemorative plates.

The use of special plates has been abused by motorists to avoid the number coding scheme.
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...kers-car-plate

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Cruising from Makati to Quezon City this late evening, I got side to side with this convoy of SUVs led by an Expedition with Plate no. 4.

Wala, nakakabilib lang. Hindi katulad ng ibang naka no.8 plate na mas mababa sa kanya na walang ginagawa kundi maghawi ng mga tao sa daan na kala mo kung sino, ito tahimik lang.

Nakahazard lang sila at magkakasunod at di nagmamaneho na parang mga siraulo katulad ng ibang Govt vehicles. As in normal lang. If not for their hazard lights, di mo iisipin na magkakasama.

It's good to know na meron pa rin palang mga Govt officials na di makapal ang mukha sa daan.

HP, based sa mga comments from davao, di talaga mayabang yang si speaker nograles.

ilang convoy sila and anong mga SUVs?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ i see...kaya pala mabait yung anak...gung ganyan lang din, may pinagmanahan.

i have seen the speaker's son on several occasions here in davao and he is not maangas...alang nakabuntot na bodyguard e. marami akong na oobserve na kingpin dito sa Mindanao...mga anak nila mababait...and yung demeanor nila mag cascade din sa body guards nila...di mo makikitaan ng angas.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    On a related news:

Lozano is under HPG custody while police investigate whether the protocol plate was authentic and where it came from.
    Am I missing something here? What's there to investigate? Ilang speakers of the house ba meron tayo?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

how exactly do they get the money to buy an EXPED?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    well supposedly mayaman na sila before they got elected. Pero who really know's our government official's sources of income...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Expedition with plate no. 4 & convoy