New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Tap and Go.

The principle is that it should be much quicker than the exact change lanes.

Ang tanong where do we get the cards from? And where do we load it up?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteroGLSV View Post
    tama sir renso sana pwede din gamitin yan sa mga lrt/mrt and soon for the public bus also.
    That's more like it,- para talagang useful sa mga tao...

Quote Originally Posted by DeathRow View Post
    Tap and Go.

The principle is that it should be much quicker than the exact change lanes.

Ang tanong where do we get the cards from? And where do we load it up?
    Okay....Sana lang, hindi masyadong demanding sa mga drivers... Kasi I imagine, you have to open your window,- pull out the card,- lean towards the assigned (tap) pad, tap the card on the pad, close the window, and drive.... Hindi lahat ng tao, mabilis,- may mga clumsy at puwede ngang mahulog ang card...

Vs. the epass,- na drive ka lang....

16.3K:shower:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Okay....Sana lang, hindi masyadong demanding sa mga drivers... Kasi I imagine, you have to open your window,- pull out the card,- lean towards the assigned (tap) pad, tap the card on the pad, close the window, and drive.... Hindi lahat ng tao, mabilis,- may mga clumsy at puwede ngang mahulog ang card...

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thinking of the same. Paano kung karamihan na naka e-tap? unlike sa e-tag na dadaan ka lang..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whether an E-pass or tap card, what i hope for is that we can use it in all the toll ways.

And yes, having these tap cards for public transpo (bus, taxi, jeep) will be a godsend and can actually help curb colurum vehicles and increase tax collections.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    True. Good points, what if mahulog pa and falls under the car.

This reminds me of the Oyster Card system they have in London, UK (and other similar systems around the world).

A point to consider for the Coastal gates is that they don't have any barriers (or they don't use them, not sure).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    better yet, why not make a card that can be used to ay a lot of things.
    in Japan, you can use their intelligent card (called SUICA in Kanto Area) to ride trains and buses (maybe even some taxi). you can use it in convenience stores and in vendo machine located just about in every corner.

some people use their phones.

my atm (cash card) has this intelligent card feature but I have to manually load the card because it does not automatically load from my savings account as a safety feature.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kelangan na talaga yan e-tap cards for tollways lalo na pag nagbukas ang TPLEX at nlex-slex link...lalong darami ang gagamit ng expressway

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That's more like it,- para talagang useful sa mga tao...

+1
    I'll still go for the e-pass/easy trip/ec-tag technology. Hassle nga na you need to open your windows, tap it, pag minalas ka mahulog pa card mo kaya bawal ang clumsy! Meron pa dyan sira yung windows. What they need to do is incorporate all the toll fees para isang technology na lang ang kailangan mo gamitin. What sucks pa is when going south from nichols to batangas city andami mong hinto for the tolls dapat from nichols to batangas isang singilan na lang. Bahala na maghatian or magbayaran yun mga toll companies since iba ang may hawak sa slex/star toll. Same thing sa NLEX-SCTEX from balintawak dapat sa subic or la paz na ang bayad mo kung straight ang byahe mo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Which is easier? Tapping or giving bills and coins and getting your change? Kung clumsy talaga driver, kahit yung mga barya isasabog nila sa ilalim ng kotse. Yun nga lang yung barya pede mo pabayaan at wag na pulutin.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Which is easier? Tapping or giving bills and coins and getting your change? Kung clumsy talaga driver, kahit yung mga barya isasabog nila sa ilalim ng kotse. Yun nga lang yung barya pede mo pabayaan at wag na pulutin.
    None of the above.

Passing through is the easiest. make sure lang na may load lagi ang tag mo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast