New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    So I got a call late this evening that my girlfriend's dad's old '96 civic somewhat conked out around 10:45 pm along EDSA. She cited that the AT tranny on drive wouldn't engage.

I got there with a bottle or two of ATF (thinking the problem was hydraulic in nature). But the ATF levels were normal.

Long story short, as its pretty late as of press time (details to follow), the MMDA arrived shortly after I did, and stayed with us until the tardy tow truck from a towing company my cousin recommended arrived. All in all they were with us for about 1.5 hours at least.

And why? Because they wanted to shoo away the private tow trucks that simply clamp and tow people with abject disregard to safety and common decency.

I have to say it was a refreshing experience to receive an extended level of courtesy atop professionalism from these people.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    So I got a call late this evening that my girlfriend's dad's old '96 civic somewhat.....

I have to say it was a refreshing experience to receive an extended level of courtesy atop professionalism from these people.

Refreshing indeed!

May their tribe multiply!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Nice to hear... not all are rotten... just like some cops/pulis.

You should post their names here too.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    and the exact location along EDSA since they might be stationed there for a period of time

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    dapat kinuha mo name nung MMDA and posted it here or sa FB nila kung meron man. eto mga dapat tularan ng ibang govt employess.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thats good to know naman...

If I can recall correctly from the nightly news not so recently yung mga nalagay sa night patrol ng MMDA (rolling with Foton Blizzards) is yung mga beterano... meaning 10 yrs plus na sa service sa MMDA so I guess kahit papano yan na yung matitino...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Their name badges indicated:

Bayaua EC and Lopez ES.

Mr. Bayaua has been on the grave yard shift for 3 years now and began it when there were only 13 of them. He now supervises the expanded group.

Mr. Lopez had the sharp eye and caught the problem caliper while I was isolating it from the transmission issue.

They apparently get flak for the shenanigans of the private tow trucks. They were mentioning how the modus operandi was with these pricks. He mentioned one incident where a truck driver was told by a tow truck that there was a kid hanging from the rear of his truck. The driver pulls aside to look at the offending hitchhiker only to have his truck clamped and towed.

Does anyone know whom we can write to at the MMDA just to convey our praises?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There you have it folks. Not all apples in the barrel are rotten.
    Kudos to these 2 diligent night shift mobile patrols. Sometimes you find gold in a pile of manure

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    This is indeed an inspiring story. KUDOS!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    wow! notable MMDA people!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Commendable MMDA Mobile Patrol (Graveyard Shift)