New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Also F16 are only good for overland operations. Since it's single engine, it shouldn't be used for extended overwater operation, that is why the f 18 was made coz they need the backup of having 2 engines for overwater operations. plus the fact that we don't have runways every few km for emergency landings.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    right now, i think people would prefer they get more choppers. mas me silbi sa disaster relief/rescue operations.

kelan kaya tayo magkaka super cobra or blackhawk? Though in fairness those Hueys are still trucking on.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    right now, i think people would prefer they get more choppers. mas me silbi sa disaster relief/rescue operations.

kelan kaya tayo magkaka super cobra or blackhawk? Though in fairness those Hueys are still trucking on.
    not too excited, I may end up disappointed. With the kind of mentality that our government have, eroplanong papel pwede pa.

Too much talking from a [SIZE=1]pandak[/SIZE] commander-in-cheap of the Alms Forces of the Philippines. How many times we heard "pulbusin ang mga terorista/abus"? Pang ilang instalment na ba sila ngayon??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, before buying new jets, upgrade our helicopters and military cargo jets as at the moment, our main issues are really more internal (combating insurgents and natural disasters) rather than a external.

My two cents.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    AC-130 that's all they need along with some helicopters. As old as the Hueys are they could have used more of them for the storm rescue operations.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was it during the Marcos era that we were touted as a military (air and land) heavyweight?

If we do upgrade and get the fighter planes, another question is whether they can maintain these and do the constant training to pilots, ammunition, etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Harriers are too finicky, I think... hard to operate. .
    Gov. Schwarzenegger did it pretty easily in True Lies.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if the government has the funds, it should procure the necessary aircraft to fulfill the role of intercept/defense fighter, as well as CAS in one go. It would be to difficult to do it piecemeal considering that Philippine governments do not have continuity of policy from one administration to the next, making long-term and programmed procurements from military equipment suppliers unfeasible.

Not to give any preference, but I'd say we'll need at least these aircraft to make our airforce truly modern:

24-30 multi-role jet fighter aircraft
    12 turbo prop heavy-duty cargo transports
    4 turbo prop long-range surveillance/search and rescue planes with NV capability
    3 turbo prop long range naval reconnaissance with NV capability
    18 turbo prop light attack/CAS aircraft
    24 multi-role, medium lift, twin-engined helicopters with NV capability
    6 naval search and rescue helicopters
    3 updated, long-range early warning radar systems

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well it looks like the government still has no funds. This thread has been posted more than a year ago, it would be interesting to note what were the developments since then We'll here's for more wishful thinking and dreaming.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    We just need a few of these.....

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Air Force to buy fighter jets by 2011