New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a chance to ride with these guys recently and they are one of the most competent and most professional ambulance service available today.

We ran a 3 man crew with a transport officer (the driver), a registered nurse, and me as the MD.

The ambulance is well stocked with equipment and meds unlike some other ambulances which don't even have an oxygen tank or BP apparatus. The unit is also well marked with bright body markings and dual roofmount lightbars. I would later learn that the markings are derived from European ambulances and are designed to make the ambulance more visible from any direction unlike the drab white paint jobs of other ambulances.

The driver is also very good and [let this be a warning] he will not allow the ambulance to be followed by non-emergency vehicles when the ambulance is running in an emergency. When we counterflowed on a national highway (salubungan), a passenger jeepney and a host of other vehicles decided to tailgate us. The driver informed me that this is a potentially dangerous situation since we are running on the wrong side of the road and may have to brake hard anytime for oncoming traffic. Suddenly there was a 10 wheeler truck coming up on the horizon. The Aeromed driver knew that the truck would yield to the ambulance but instead, we pulled back into the correct lane leaving the jeepney and other tailgaters to contend with the [very mad] truck. The Aeromed driver than opened the window and shouted to the jeepney: "Sige, mauna kayo! Akala niyo madali itong ginagawa ko!" Obviously, the tailgaters did not dare overtake the Aeromed unit.

In another scenario, a Toyota Camry decided to tailgate the ambulance on the SLEX. What the driver did was slice from one side of the road to the other knowing that other motorists would yield to the ambulance but not to the Camry. The Camry never caught up. Inipit na ng ibang motorists.

I guess if you're ever in need of an ambulance just call 9111121 tapos i-request niyo na lang na ako ang on-board MD. hehehe. Btw, they will also do rescues if needed. They have equipment for different rescue scenarios.

And as of April 1, 2007 Aeromed is now the official ambulance service of the NLEX (SLEX coming soon?). Baka makita niyo ko sa Lakbay Alalay.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maganda nga yan aeromed fafa otep. na try na rin namin yang services nyan nung na stroke yung erpats ko eh.

diba may helicopter services pa yan?

permanent ka na dyan? o during the holidays lang?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On-call ang status ko sa kanila ngayon (ewan ko kung papalaring maging full time). They can call me up 24/7.

Merong mga fulltime units na on standby sa:
    *Capitol Medical Center
    *Victor Potenciano Medical Center
    *PGH
    *Asian Hospital
    *Makati Med

Yes, merong fixed wing and rotor aircraft ang Aeromed. Sa amulance, latest unit is the new Hi Ace (on standby sa Makati Med). Meron din Starex, Urvan, and Ford Trauma vans sa fleet.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    On-call ang status ko sa kanila ngayon (ewan ko kung papalaring maging full time). They can call me up 24/7.

Merong mga fulltime units na on standby sa:
    *Capitol Medical Center
    *Victor Potenciano Medical Center
    *PGH
    *Asian Hospital
    *Makati Med

Yes, merong fixed wing and rotor aircraft ang Aeromed. Sa amulance, latest unit is the new Hi Ace (on standby sa Makati Med). Meron din Starex, Urvan, and Ford Trauma vans sa fleet.
    fafa tep, yup. asian hospital kasi namin sinugod erpats ko dati eh.
    pwede rin ba sa iyo yun? asian hospital ang route tapos ikaw pa ang ipapatawag? asian hosp kasi pinakamalapit na hospital sa amin ngayon eh, aside from perpetual las pinas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boss otep, magkano ang bayad sa aeromed?

ty!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede naman itanong sa dispatch kung pwede iyon. Usually kasi galing Aerobase Cubao ang nagsasakay ng on-call staff or kung walang full timer na on-standby that time dun sa hospital. Siyempre may preference towards the full timers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bos M2,

Depende sa type ng trip and equipment used. Basic transport is Php2,500 daw sabi ng RN ko. Additional for any consumables and meds used on board.

Pwede din kunin ang Aeromed as standby unit for events. Sila ang standby sa ASAP, Wowowee, sporting events, Oktoberfest, etc. Iba naman ang payment scheme kapag ganun.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Membership ba ito to avail of their services?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope. Aeromed service is open to everyone. Lifeline Arrows po ata yung by membership.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    aeromed is good. na try namin service nila. last december andito sa pinas uncle namin, and nagkaproblem sya sa lungs niya, at that time bday din nya. aeromed ang the best. ang bilis nila. at mababait pa. hanggan sa dinala uncle ko sa saisaki, to celebrate his bday. i recommend aeromed

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Aeromed Air and Road Ambulance