New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    are the cars sold or otherwise imported into the philippines compliant to the requirements of OBD II? the u.s. congress required all car manufacturers and importers from asia and europe to comply with the new (1995) emissions regulation to reduce the carbon dioxide footprint and to standardize the scan tool connection and diagnostic trouble coding to make the diagnoses one and the same language (OBD II global) and reduce confusion among dealer shops and independent shops. is the philippines doing her part in the effort to reduce the fossil fuel emissions? it would make diagnoses a way lot easier for trained technicians.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; April 29th, 2010 at 08:42 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    cars/trucks imported from US and europe here are all obd2 compliants. likewise those asian made with american badges (like china ventures, korean opels). are also obd2 conpliants. i see newer japan domestic cars coming here with obd2 also. however the phil government is not very strict with its emission regulations. you can still drive a car with a cel "on", and without catalytic converters. the goverment is still using the tail pipe emission testing.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    cars/trucks imported from US and europe here are all obd2 compliants. likewise those asian made with american badges (like china ventures, korean opels). are also obd2 conpliants. i see newer japan domestic cars coming here with obd2 also. however the phil government is not very strict with its emission regulations. you can still drive a car with a cel "on", and without catalytic converters. the goverment is still using the tail pipe emission testing.
    hehe, during my last registration of my three year old vehicle, smoke emission tester merely posed in front of the camera to take a picture of him as if he tested my car. I wouldn't mind pressing the accelerator for the actual test but not all new cars are properly tuned... btw, i have an OBD II scanner in my car. a dashboard extension and learning tool for me :P

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    are the cars sold or otherwise imported into the philippines compliant to the requirements of OBD II? the u.s. congress required all car manufacturers and importers from asia and europe to comply with the new (1995) emissions regulation to reduce the carbon dioxide footprint and to standardize the scan tool connection and diagnostic trouble coding to make the diagnoses one and the same language (OBD II global) and reduce confusion among dealer shops and independent shops. is the philippines doing her part in the effort to reduce the fossil fuel emissions? it would make diagnoses a way lot easier for trained technicians.
    I think, fully compliant OBD II vehicles are built from 1996 - present..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    some american cars started having obd2 as early as 1995 .

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    does the 2008 D4D innova have an OBD? kung meron po, ano pong required to possible DIY diagnosis and baka pwede tweaking na rin of the car. tska magkano naman kaya ang gadget na toh? hehehehehehe

on board diagnostics II