New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi guys. A little dilemma here. A friend is selling his 2006 Mazda 6 for 650K. Mileage is a little high at 40k. Test drove it and it feels very good and responsive despite the 40k odometer reading. I also like the new Swift M/T. I haven't tested the Swift yet. The question is only about buying a relatively new but high mileage car as oppose to a brand new but smaller car. This will be mainly use for city driving to and from office and not for family use.

Thanks for any input.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if i was in your shoes, ill go for the brand new car. though the mazda 6 is bigger, mas ok pa din brand new for me. though the swift is smaller, mas ok pa rin kasi siguradong walang sakit ng ulo for the length of the warranty.

my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i agree.. i'll go with the brand new Swift.. besides.. sabi mo office car lang naman..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    taas nga ng mileage. almost 20k per year. parang 4 yr old car na. pero based on your choices, you have no brand preference so maintenance cost and resale is no issue. any FC concerns? if so, the mz6 has a 2.3 AT while the swift has a 1.6 MT. so most likely mas matipid ang swift.

though i love the mz6, i'd suggest the swift. kung mga 10-15k mileage siguro yung mz6pwede pa. well unless super alaga naman.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    not for family use kaya swift nalang.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Both cars are actually on my virtual wish list, but the Swift being brand-new trumps everything that the pre-owned Mazda6 has to offer, IMO.

And, from at least two dealerships I came across, you get two years of free maintenance parts and labor on a Suzuki. Can't beat that.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 6th, 2008 at 02:05 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks guys for the response. This made my decision making a lot easier. My wife says I'm going back to my second childhood for favoring more the Swift . What she doesn't know is that I am . Any after market, bolt on speed parts for the Swift?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Speedlab has cold-air intakes... everything else can be customized.

If you want something grand... 135k pesos... turboooooo.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by efm2 View Post
    Hi guys. A little dilemma here. A friend is selling his 2006 Mazda 6 for 650K. Mileage is a little high at 40k. Test drove it and it feels very good and responsive despite the 40k odometer reading. I also like the new Swift M/T. I haven't tested the Swift yet. The question is only about buying a relatively new but high mileage car as oppose to a brand new but smaller car. This will be mainly use for city driving to and from office and not for family use.

Thanks for any input.
    Before you finalize your decision, best to ask for a test drive for Swift because the car itself is really small inside which might be a problem with some people (even if it's not for family use).

Personally I would rather choose the Mazda6 and give it some bling like aftermarket wheels.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung everyday office car. one to two passenger lang. Swift Manual ka na.
    sa experience ko mas advantage talaga small car for everyday use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Swift or 2006 Mazda 6