New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi guys,

FYI, the suzuki SX4, another global car by suzuki, will be released in the philippines by the end of may 2008.

unfortunately only 1 variant would be available - 1.6L in a/t as far as the sources are telling.

for those of you who are interested in a suzuki SX4, our club would gladly be of help to you. please visit us at www.clubsuzukiph.tk to learn more.

godbless!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    no 2.0 yet? .

there's also the SX4t. "t" is for turbo :drool:.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    well ayun lang ang sabi - 1.6L similar sa APV (pero this one's DOHC), non-turbo, and in a-t. i think you're looking for the sx4-sport which is the sedan. afaik sedans are fitted with the turbo variant and in FWD only, while the SX4 hatch is in AWD.

not sure yet which will be present in the philippines - the hatch or the sedan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw an SX4 early this year, probably a road test.

I think this would be a good replacement for the Jimny. (In terms of Target
    Market)

But A/T only? I thought we are running out of fossil fuel?

I notice suzuki keeps pushing a/t in our country.
    I mean, I always thought that suzuki are fun cars.
    Wheres the the Fun in a/t i ask you?

An SX4 Promotional Rallye Car

An SX4 Mass Production Model

Please do include the roof rails!!!

Source photo
    Google Images search
    http://images.google.com.ph/images?h...ga+imahe&gbv=2
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; April 25th, 2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Sucks in typing and in grammar

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    This would be another car that would compete in the sub-compact segment. Although it would be in the large side (dimension wise) parang Nissan's Tiida.

Hope both the sedan and hatch ang dalhin nila dito.
    Been seeing Suzuki Aerio sa Suzuki plant in Pasig before akala ko it would make it on our showroom

thought it was having some breaking in muna bago ibenta but it never did see our local showrooms.

Sana the grapevine is more reliable this time.

the sedan looks cool too.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j-six View Post
    well ayun lang ang sabi - 1.6L similar sa APV (pero this one's DOHC), non-turbo, and in a-t. i think you're looking for the sx4-sport which is the sedan. afaik sedans are fitted with the turbo variant and in FWD only, while the SX4 hatch is in AWD.

not sure yet which will be present in the philippines - the hatch or the sedan.
    hmm, i saw this on the tsikot front page.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/?p=9200

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I hope the hatch will be the one that will be brought in. I don't really like the look of the sedan. Buti pa sa China available ang M/T and A/T variants ng SX4 and both the hatch and the sedan were introduced last year pa.

Took this photo last year:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    please naman suzuki. Your cars are great , probably even better than toyota but if you keep making girly-granny transmissions such as A/T then sayang naman! Anyway I'd still go for the lancer :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by G01 View Post
    I hope the hatch will be the one that will be brought in. I don't really like the look of the sedan. Buti pa sa China available ang M/T and A/T variants ng SX4 and both the hatch and the sedan were introduced last year pa.

The hatch does looks better. It has a character into it.
    While the sedan looks plain, dull, average, regular, standard, common car.

China is such a big booming market kaya siguro they always get all the choices. Compared to us where majority of the market only thinks that big cars are always better.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *max: i agree with you too. the problem daw is that if the hatch was released then the swift would be in trouble, you know. it's like the idea was that they just completed the suzuki family - 2 hatches, 1 sedan, 1 family van, and 1 SUV.

also you're right in that the a/t is the only option available. i wonder what's in the minds of the head of the marketing dept. of suzuki - are they really into making suzuki a better name or just making money? *sigh* even though i'm one semi- satisfied suzuki owner.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Suzuki SX4