New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Good day mga kaswift!

Hope this thread will help us all fix problems not covered by the User Manual plus other mods and enhancements na hindi naman talaga problema pero gusto parin natin gawin pero medyo kulang pa sa kaalaman.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Based sa experience ko sa Dzire ni misis which is now 2.5 years old, medyo matakaw sa alikabok yung engine bay natin.

One reason siguro are these holes between the engine bay and wheel well:

swift_engine_bay_holes.jpg

swift_engine_bay_holes_suspension.jpg

Eto naging solution ko.

swift_engine_bay_holes_alum_tape.jpg

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I got my 1.2 M/T swift just this March 28. Very impressive yung sound nya as it is.

Dahil medyo mahilig sa kalikot, I was able to open and see the stock speakers sa front door.

Kahit maliit yung magnet nya maganda pa rin ang tunog.

Ang pumasok sa ulo ko : Lalo pa siguro gaganda kung palitan yung speakers... hehe

So sa maaabot ng budget, I got Sonda 6.5" speakers for 3.5K petot.

swift_speaker_upgrade_wide_shot.jpg

swift_speaker_upgrade_midrange.jpg

swift_speaker_upgrade_tweeter.jpg

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i don't have a swift. nothing bad covering those holes tho.
    but my guess, it's the engine's/condenser cooling fan sucks most of the the dusts going inside the engine bay. any car.
    at masyado lang talaga maalikabok dito sa atin.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I already posted a question kung normal na auto down yung driver window natin at wala sya auto up.

The informative reply to me was that it was normal and not a defect.

I had my personal issues with that since I always drive with the windows closed and A/C on.

Here are my major reasons for doing this "hack"

1. From a closed window, if I wanted just a small portion to go open, like getting a ticket from a guard, the window will automatically go fully open. Kung partial lang gusto mo kelangan habulin mo sya ng another flick of up direction. This is doubly annoying kung umuulan

2. Sa tollbooth after getting the ticket or after paying, dahil nga M/T yung sa akin, I need my left hand on the steering and my right hand on the shifter. Medyo abala na kelangan sya i pull up until complete closed na sya. Much better sana single flick and will auto-up na.

So, in finding a solution for my 1st world "problem", I investigated the working of the driver power window. I learned na yung auto down is managed by the controller:

swift_power_window_controller.jpg

It will give power to the motor hangga masagad sya. This will cause an overload in the motor and cause the amperes to shoot from 2A to 6A. The controller will detect this rise in amps and disconnect the power.

You can prove this : ilapit mo lang tenga mo sa buttons. Mag auto down ka at antayin na mag fully down sya. after 1 or 2 seconds you will hear a click of the relay cutting the power to the motor.

The system does not know kung up or down yung window. ang alam lang nya during the down button antayin nya yung "overload" condition, tapos cutoff power.

Ang ginawa kong solution para sa sarili ko, I swapped the wires to the motor:

swift_power_window_motor.jpg

So as of now, my button does the reverse but achieved the auto-up I desired.

Press down and the window goes up automatically haha! Good luck on your warranty a-hole!

I now have a choice: Sanayin ko na lang sarili ko sa baligtad na button or make another hack on the button itself.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    I got my 1.2 M/T swift just this March 28. Very impressive yung sound nya as it is.

Dahil medyo mahilig sa kalikot, I was able to open and see the stock speakers sa front door.

Kahit maliit yung magnet nya maganda pa rin ang tunog.

Ang pumasok sa ulo ko : Lalo pa siguro gaganda kung palitan yung speakers... hehe

So sa maaabot ng budget, I got Sonda 6.5" speakers for 3.5K petot.

swift_speaker_upgrade_wide_shot.jpg

swift_speaker_upgrade_midrange.jpg

swift_speaker_upgrade_tweeter.jpg
    san mo nabili attachment sa side mirror sail for tweeterS?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    san mo nabili attachment sa side mirror sail for tweeterS?
    Kasama na sa kit.

JBL yung una ko natipuhan *4.5K petot. Upon side by side comparison mas nagustuhan ko sound nito Sonda.

First requirement on my upgrade is hiwalay na tweeter.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    1. From a closed window, if I wanted just a small portion to go open, like getting a ticket from a guard, the window will automatically go fully open. Kung partial lang gusto mo kelangan habulin mo sya ng another flick of up direction. This is doubly annoying kung umuulan
    May half-press tayo sa down button para hindi mag-open fully. Baka too much pressure lang when you use it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Um, why not just half press the switch so it doesn't automatically go full open? ... Most vehicles have this feature ... It pays to read the operating manual ...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Um, why not just half press the switch so it doesn't automatically go full open? ... Most vehicles have this feature ... It pays to read the operating manual ...
    That solves item no. 1

If ever someone can propose a solution for no. 2, it will be trivial to swap back the wires to their original polarity.

Maybe I missed reading the manual on how to activate the auto-up function?

My previous ride was a Fiesta which had both kaya siguro nasanay na ako na meron sya dapat. Dun, if the battery was diconnected, auto-up was "forgotten" and all one had to do is pull up and after it reaches the top, just continue pulling up for some seconds to activate auto-up again.

Truly a first world problem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast