New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    gayem, could u help me convince myself more to go for suzuki jimny.. im palnning to buy one kc this month.. the problem is there are some question i cant answer just by reading articles on jimny..

1) do u think suzuki will be launching a 2004 (or 2005) jimny version? kelan kaya un?

2) regarding sa ride.. anu solution sa bumpy ride with jimny? if papalit ako ng suspensions kits.. mga magkano budget nun?

3) do you think d ako magsisisi sa 4x4 choice ko? (i'll jsut use it naman for city driving within dagupan city which is bahain and nearby towns and ciempre off raoding.. and visit my gf sa baguio weekly hehehe.. which is 80km away sa haus namin)

4) sa size ng jimny do u think magiging comfortable ang tulad ko 5'7 in height, 210lbs.. goshhhhh ang laki ko pla..

5) gagamitin din sa business.. just carrying small boxes lang naman..

6) driving ilocos manila.. do you think safe cya maski my makasalubong ako ng mga big bus running at 140km/h (lalo na partas!)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by paking888
    2) regarding sa ride.. anu solution sa bumpy ride with jimny? if papalit ako ng suspensions kits.. mga magkano budget nun?
    Unless you want to reupholster your new vehicle and add foams. Or place pillow on each seat. A simple suspension modification should be around 20-30K, depending on the brand. Full lift kits should be 50K.

3) do you think d ako magsisisi sa 4x4 choice ko? (i'll jsut use it naman for city driving within dagupan city which is bahain and nearby towns and ciempre off raoding.. and visit my gf sa baguio weekly hehehe.. which is 80km away sa haus namin)
    Having 4x4 will have its own advantages and disadvantages. You'll never know when you're going to need it, in the least expected occurrences. One thing I envy theJimny is the size, so nimble you can easily maneuver in and out parallel parkings.

4) sa size ng jimny do u think magiging comfortable ang tulad ko 5'7 in height, 210lbs.. goshhhhh ang laki ko pla..
    Driver seat adjustment should help you to have the most comfortable seat inside. As long as your rear passengers aren't tall as you are. Which will lead to your next query.

5) gagamitin din sa business.. just carrying small boxes lang naman..
    How small are we talking here? The size of a small medicine box or as small as sardine can box? Due to limited space in the rear, you can place your own luggage and have your passenger's bags strapped on your roof.

6) driving ilocos manila.. do you think safe cya maski my makasalubong ako ng mga big bus running at 140km/h (lalo na partas!)
    Extra auxiliary lights should help when driving at night.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    try to test drive one kasi ako 5'11" kasya comfortable pa kaysa sa adventure ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree. Try to arrange for a test drive. Malaking mama din ako and kasya naman ako sa Jimny, plus nakakaupo naman yung nasa likod ko, provided they're not bigger than me. Matagtag talaga ang Jimny, pero sanayan rin lang naman. It's not a speedster din. The things I like about it are: matipid sa gas (at least 9 km/L city, normal driving), very maneuverable, hardly any blind spots and okay sa baha (wag lang major flooding). Ang di ko lang gusto eh matagtag hehehe, pero that's coming from someone who drives cars most of the time. I get to drive kasi my gf's Jimny once in awhile; love na love niya yung Jimny niya.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    paking, actually naiinggit ako sa iyo. I've always wanted a Jimny. 4x4 in a 1.3 L package. The bumpy ride is a given, considering that the Jimny was really made for offroad adventures. Heck, if I had extra dough, I'd get myself a Jimny.

Why don't you ask Suzuki if they're planning to come out with a 2005 model? Or maybe you can find the answer to that question by surfing the Net?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're planning to get a Jimny and set it up, I suggest you get the present model now. Why? Because it has lots of aftermarket parts available and the prices have gone down already since it was first introduced. If you wait for the 2005 model, chances are wala pa yan hop-up options. If ever meron, limited and mahal pa. My 2 cents lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what suspension kit / modification would then be recommended for a less "tagtag" ride?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I think tagtag ride will always be a given for a real 4x4 chassis. Even more a Jimny has very short wheelbase, so angle of movement is higher. Just imagine, look at a jimny going over a hump. The tilt of front and back will be higher angle than say a stretched limo. Get a 1 foot ruler, put a peso at the end. Get a meter stick, put a peso at the end. You will see what I mean.

Ganyan din sa Feroza which I have short wheelbase. Pero may advantage ang short wheelbase, kuwento ko nga. Several years ago when only the Pajero and Feroza was the SUV in the country there was a severe flood and rain sa SLEX. Traffic was not moving northbound, we decided to just go home. My brother engage 4x4 and we crossed the car wide island in SLEX. May Pajero nakigaya sa amin, tawid din siya.... Unfortunately long wheel base siya longer than the island. So his front wheels was in the southbound lane, while his rear is in the northbound lane. The belly of the stock pajero was sitting on the island.... What a laugh that was! I think he should have not attacked the island perpendicularly
    Last edited by jkyamog; July 22nd, 2004 at 12:31 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    not to burst your bubble.. pero in my opinion the jimny is too narrow for me and walang legroom sa likod except for kids.. lalo na kung province pala ang biyahe mo.. if i were in your shoes, id be considering an 00-01 strada or 97 pajero since mabagal din naman ang jimny at least its safer .. at least hindi ka mapipisa ng bus o liparin man ehehe also the price is within that range..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm... the jimny might be inappropriate for your needs because of its size.

aside from a bounding ride, the motor might be challenged at highway speeds. the rough ride might challenge your body on the highway.

finally, you'll have precious little space for cargo and provisions on expeditions and long trips, and forget about bringing more than one passenger on those trips.

go bigger if you can!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Suzuki Jimny [Merged]