New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    good day gentlemen. i need your help and advises sana....

a close friend of mine gave me a tip that a multinational company is bidding our their fleet cars. these vehicles are all suzuki samurais and beavers (pick up type). i have done some research and have read good things about them.

i just recently bought a farm lot and although most of the road is all weather, may portions pa rin na hindi all weather. the last time we went there, we had to hike about a kilometer because my 4x2 pick up cant "cross" the medyo malalim na mud at rocky areas. a lifted landcruiser model 40 (ata) crossed it easily.

my 4x4 will be mostly used for my trips to the farm. i may occasionally use it sa city driving too. i think the pick up type beaver will fit my needs since i will be hauling some stuff to the farm like seeds, fertilizer, etc. since my savings were used to buy the farm lot and im still financing the operations, my budget is not high.

according to my friend, there are vehicles that are not running and have been in the company's warehouse for some time now. i am more inclined to buy this hoping that fixing them up and setting them up will be much more affordable.

here are my questions:

1) how much does a unit cost minus the engine and tranny? kahit rough estimate lang. may nababasa akong mga naka set up na dati from the classified ads so medyo alam ko na kung magkano ang mga bihis na beavers.

2) i am not a purist so what is the most practical engine to transplant in this vehicle? i prefer a diesel sana for ease of maintenance, tipid and torque down low. i prefer torque than hp.

3) any cheap lift up tips you can recommend?

4) incase pati ang differentials (and other 4x4 parts) are goners, are surplus parts readily available? mahal ba? or should i stick to the units with busted engines lang?

5) am i making the right decision of buying this vehicle? (maybe this should have been my question #1)

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    parang nabastusan ako sa name na suzu ki beaver

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on how much they'll be going for. If you get a chassis with little or no rust but non-running for 20-30k, I think that's fair... but I'm not sure about the going rate.

The only engines that it's practical to stick in are other Suzuki engines. It'd be nice to get a small turbodiesel, but I'm not sure how available these units are.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks for the heads up. so far, i have 2 engine combinations that has seem to work with other people. my friend is using a toyota 4k engine with no issues. very dependable daw. in another forum, someone said he had used a toyota 2c turbo daw and it was ok naman.

please keep your comments coming. they are very much appreciated.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    you can head over to www.4x4ph.com and ask there too. Madaming 4x4 gurus doon plus madaming suzuki owners din. BTW, baka puwede rin makihingi ng tip kung anong company yan

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    were is the bidding taking place? im an avid fan of the suzuki samurai's and the beaver.. we have a really old beaver in papua new guinea,, and i wnt my parents to bring it here when they retire..its a very capable 4wd..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    parang nabastusan ako sa name na suzu ki beaver
    :lolabove: OB talaga! :rofl01::rofl:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    yes, i have posted in the 4x4ph forum na. infact i posted 2 threads: one in the general discussion area and another at the suzuki club of the philippines. i have been getting some info and tips from them. maybe somebody here also has some tips for me. they will be very much appreciated.

to add to my questions, may i know what are the usual problems encountered in these vehicles? ano ba mga sakit nila?

thanks.

Suzuki Beaver/Samurai for Bidding