New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Barring any manufacturing defects, there are enough safeguards in modern AT systems to prevent exactly what the OP described.

Maybe this is the reason why Suzuki Phils. is not acting on the complaint (merely my assumption, as the OP has not posited Suzuki's actions). It thinks that the confluence of events as narrated seems rather improbable.

Anyway, I hope the matter is settled to both parties satisfaction.

Peace to all.

another lemon thread at par with the civic FD-paint defect...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    Was wondering, did your wife shift to reverse right after starting the engine or did the vehicle 'shift' to reverse on its own?
    wifie never touched anything.................it was on"P" when she started the engine since it wont start other that on a "P" of "N" position......... it was till on "P" when it stopped outside of the garage........

baka yun cable sa baba di exact or moved due to loose nuts and bolts.

FYI, an A/T will only start ONLY on 2 positions on the lever-> P at N

so kung nagmove bigla, baka ng di nasa P position yung lever ng nasa tranny, di siya in-sync w/ the interior a/t lever...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manmantandoc View Post
    now they are asking for a free repair and a meeting..........what for?
    I've seen my share of consumer complaints here in Tsikot and since Suzuki is already offering some form of compensation for this problem, may I suggest that you meet with them again without resorting to a full refund of the vehicle.

If you read the warranty clause before purchasing the said vehicle, there is nothing there stating about a full refund. The manufacturer will only replace and/or repair the defect.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Whoa. Grabe. Dati medyo leaning toward manual lang ako -- was still considering auto which the car brands almost seem to be ramming down our throats -- but I guess this makes up my mind for me. Salamat at sana mapalitan man lang yang unit mo -- ng manual!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good thing walang masamang nangyari sa family mo.

Pwede na bang gamitin ang Lemon Law?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The Lemon Law hasn't been signed by GMA, so hindi pa sya batas. AFAIK, sa Lower House lang naman ito naipasa on 3rd reading, dapat may bicam pa, eh since Congress is in recess na, matagal-tagal pa to...sa Bicam, pwede pa mag-lobby yung mga car manufacturers to have the bill watered down or insert provisions favorable to them...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *manmantandoc
    buti na lang di nasaktan ang family mo. what they went through was undoubtedly traumatic but it could have easily been so much worse.

is the shift lever of an a/t tranny directly connected to the tranny itself or does it go through a computer which in turn controls some kind of actuator?

We need the lemon law signed as soon as possible. kelangan pa bang mangyari sa politicians yung ganitong klaseng problema bago sila gumalaw?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the threadstarter pala is ably assisted by company lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I've seen my share of consumer complaints here in Tsikot and since Suzuki is already offering some form of compensation for this problem, may I suggest that you meet with them again without resorting to a full refund of the vehicle.

If you read the warranty clause before purchasing the said vehicle, there is nothing there stating about a full refund. The manufacturer will only replace and/or repair the defect.
    even if the warranty does not state a full refund, the owner might still get one based on some provisions of the civil code on sales particularly on hidden defects.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    The Lemon Law hasn't been signed by GMA, so hindi pa sya batas. AFAIK, sa Lower House lang naman ito naipasa on 3rd reading, dapat may bicam pa, eh since Congress is in recess na, matagal-tagal pa to...sa Bicam, pwede pa mag-lobby yung mga car manufacturers to have the bill watered down or insert provisions favorable to them...
    the lemon law is an upgraded protection specifically for automobile buyers but there are still laws that exist that provide a measure of protection for buyers in general.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Suzuki Apv Buyers.......beware!