New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Can anybody help me where I can buy a surplus or 2nd hand carburator for my samurai? Hindi ko kasi kaya bumili ng bago na P24,000. Or may be a replacement carb that will work in my sammy. Nagloko yun carb ko, walang minor, pinaayos ko pero ganun parin . Sabi ng mechaniko palitan na. Kaso wala ko mahanap na carb sa banawe. Baka may alam kayo?

Sabi ng mechanic pwede daw yun pang 3k or 4k or any carb basta pareho lang sila ng base. Gusto ko lang muna masigurado if this set-up will work bago ko bumili or else sayang lang kung di uubra. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Dear Stoporit,
    We in Belgium use different carburators from other cars,like
    Nikki come from some Mazda 166
    Weber
    Mitsubishi Colt before 1990
    Suzuki Swift sa413-Swift GS 85-87 +inlet manifold, Alto
    Hyundai Pony 1300 +/- 87
    Daihatsu Charade.
    regards
    ybofire

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks ybofire, i didnt expect somebody from belgium would reply on my querry. Any way thanks again and i'll try to find any carb that you mentioned and I'll inform you of development.Sorry for late reply, I just checked my e-mail today.

stopirit

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    No problem,when you found something I hear it.
    We have here many people driving samurai's and have also much sites with tecnical information and how to do's.
    regards
    ybofire

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Actually i'm out of the country right now and will be back on the 3rd of Sept. So thats the only time I can give attention on my samurai. Anyway thanks again.

By the way,what nationality are you? Just wondering cause I post my querry in english and tagalog (Philippine national dialect) and you understood it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I have the nationaliti of Belgium,Belgium is a little state in Europ between Netherland,Germany and France, I understand a little tagalog but the Englisch I understand better,that i unde'rstand the languages it's because I 'm married with a filipina almost 13years,so i visid already many times the Philipines,and I'm on this moment a retired fireman,with the possibility to move to the Philipines,when our son is old enough to live his one live.
    We have here a little internet club with persons wich drive all with a Samurai.
    Here you can find many parts and accesoires new and second hand for the samurai.
    So to next mail.
    Regards
    ybofire

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what about for the sj 410? any suggestion on what carb to use?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any of the above mentioned should work. A possible cheaper option would be those that fit a 1300cc engine (example toyota's carb). but you might need to fabricate the mounting bracket for it to fit the manifold of the sammy.

samurai carburator