New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hi! i started a thread in the SUV corner regarding options outside the Fortuner and one of my choices is the New Vitara. I love the new body and the interior, the price is ok for a 4X4 what worries me is how is it's performance, the availability of parts, and Suzuki's after-sales service. I hope you could share your experiences with your past models of Vitara and Suzuki service. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Suzuki parts no problem...sooner or later darating din ang parts niyan one notable store i know is Olympia in araneta ave...

test drive mo muna better if can tag along mbt, carlocaraddict and the gang...tsikot's official testdrivers

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    Suzuki parts no problem...sooner or later darating din ang parts niyan one notable store i know is Olympia in araneta ave...

test drive mo muna better if can tag along mbt, carlocaraddict and the gang...tsikot's official testdrivers
    that's the problem, la daw sila test drive unit. I just saw the unit sa FTI warehouse ng Suzuki, la pa sa Makati showroom yung unit. Since I can't test drive it, might as well just ask those who owns or owned the previous Vitara, how was the performance?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    While waiting for a test drive unit, you can try asking the dealership what improvements were made on the new Vitara over the previous model. Some of the comments on the older Vitaras may not be applicable on the new release.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    previous vitara uses solid axle sa rear, a little bouncy pero it can easily be fixed w/ a shock upgrade, the new vitara uses a fully independent rear suspension, ride will definitely be much better......and our 10 year old vitara is one of our most reliable car so far, pero it's much smaller compared to your other option(fortuner), siguro more comparable yung grand vitara xl7 with the fortuner

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    grand vitara or grand vitara xl7?,... I'm pretty much happy with mine, ride is carlike comfy, handling is good. I bought it primarily for it's 7 seater capability and suzuki reliability but I fell in love with her...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parts are available at links at banawe. it's almost near e. rodriguez.

i don't have a vitara (wish i have one. hehehe) but i have a samurai :P

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fully independent na yung new vitara???sayang...nawala na yungtough offroad ability nya.....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hello. It's been 5 months since anyone posted here so any news about the latest Grand Vitara? I'm also considering this to replace my '01 CRV? Do you think it's a good choice? Or should I just stick with the CRV? I'm also concerned with the reliability and durability of this SUV. Since people say that the Suzuki's resale value is very low then I might as well use it for a long time hence the concern with durability. I'v read in other forums that it averages around 5-7 km/liter so it's no problem with me coz my CRV averages the same.

I've seen quite a lot of GVs lately and sometimes when I see one in a parking lot, I peep inside Luckily no one mistook me to be a carnapper he he he!! Suzuki (Shaw branch) said that it's on a per order basis, they don't keep a lot of stocks. And sadly there's no red (only US). It's imported from Japan, right?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir, good pm, iam planning to buy a second hand vitara 1996 or 1999 model. advice please. thank you very much.

Planning to get the new Vitara