New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How did I know this thread would either be about exhaust parts or brakes?

It's normal on any car... even new ones. It's very difficult to rust-proof an exhaust manifold. It's a cast-iron part that gets glowing red hot during the normal course of operation. Any coating you put on will eventually flake away, so they don't even bother.

Exhaust manifolds are thick, cast iron parts. We will all be long dead and gone before it rusts all the way through.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How did I know this thread would either be about exhaust parts or brakes?

It's normal on any car... even new ones. It's very difficult to rust-proof an exhaust manifold. It's a cast-iron part that gets glowing red hot during the normal course of operation. Any coating you put on will eventually flake away, so they don't even bother.

Exhaust manifolds are thick, cast iron parts. We will all be long dead and gone before it rusts all the way through.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    It's normal but still not in a brand new car... Ako dapat magpakalawang hinde sila...have them replace or fix it...or Basta ask for something in return a free full detailing or something
    it could have rusted overnight once the car have been out of the dealership.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96

it could have rusted overnight once the car have been out of the dealership.
    Probably but If im in his shoes i still want to squeeze something out from the dealership...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep it's normal. Don't waste your time going back to the dealership. Lugi ka pa sa time at effort.

Tama si niky, that part will outlast us (and even our kids).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    thank you sirs sa mga swift replies nyo. hehe. i must admit na naexcite ako masyado at di ko nacheck maigi. i reported it na sa dealer and sent the pics, said theyll update tomorrow since its a holiday. but i have a new problem, hehe, sumayad ako kanina while parking, nagasgas lower lip sa bumper both sides. di sya visible. will that affect me in any way if i asked for a change unit? im a real newb and this is my 1st car, so salamat po sa lahat ng tulong mga ser.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev01veR View Post
    thank you sirs sa mga swift replies nyo. hehe. i must admit na naexcite ako masyado at di ko nacheck maigi. i reported it na sa dealer and sent the pics, said theyll update tomorrow since its a holiday. but i have a new problem, hehe, sumayad ako kanina while parking, nagasgas lower lip sa bumper both sides. di sya visible. will that affect me in any way if i asked for a change unit? im a real newb and this is my 1st car, so salamat po sa lahat ng tulong mga ser.
    It is unlikely they will change your unit just for the rust "problem" on the exhaust manifold.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    the dealer told me that it is somehow possible to replace it since wala pa halos a week, but they will check first. My officemates said i have the power to insist since a brand new car shouldnt have that "problem" early on. so yun lang iniisip ko if the scratch i made a while ago be of hindrance in any way should I insist that they replace it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev01veR View Post
    the dealer told me that it is somehow possible to replace it since wala pa halos a week, but they will check first. My officemates said i have the power to insist since a brand new car shouldnt have that "problem" early on. so yun lang iniisip ko if the scratch i made a while ago be of hindrance in any way should I insist that they replace it.
    There might be a case if the rust is on the body panels or if you are experiencing mechanical problems of some sort. But the rust is on the exhaust manifold. It is exposed metal. It will rust whatever you do.

Personally, its not an issue. Just enjoy the new car.

OR...

Its a nice excuse to upgrade your car's performance using SPEEDLAB's power package.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    that performance package sounds nice! pero tyaka na since im still a learning driver. Additional infos lang sir, im not sure if its visible in the pics, but there seems to be some metal that chipped off along with the rust. huge chunks. personally i dont want a new unit, maybe just let them clean it or replace the rusty part with one without chipped off parts. thanks sir.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast