New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    no, the engine is G15A, an engine used from other suzuki models (at hindi galing sa vitara)...so 1.5L engine ito, similar sa avanza

now it looks like the apv gen 2 (apv arena) and avanza mini-wars are beginning to heat up

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I like it...

As a matter of fact, I liked it so much that I'm selling my old 2 and 1/2 year old APV and getting the new one.

Why would i get a new APV when i basically still have a relatively new one?
    1. Dual air bags
    2. ABS
    3. Captain's chairs
    4. Dual aircon
    5. Better sound system(boring looking head unit though)

Now these are the things I don't like about it:
    1. Not a big fan of chrome either so the front grill is kinda old school.
    2. The beige interior will be such a dirt and scruff magnet
    3. Driver's chair is still a bit spartan.
    4. did i mention the beige interior?...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    G15A?
    so mas malakas yung
    lumang apv? assuming
    na magkasimbigat sila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Close Observation of the New APV.

I decided to pay a visit in Suzuki Edsa and I was entertained by Mr. Dong Alcantara. He said that taking pictures are still not allowed and he promised us a brochure to expect next week.

First, the APV definitely needs to get noticed to whoever needs a small 8 passenger van. It now has luxo looks, chromy grille, new rims/mags and a bit small than usual sized captain seats for the A/T model. The colors to avail are quite limited but very unique to meet its luxo looks. The APV now comes with a Dual SRS Airbag & ABS as standard except for the base trim. It also comes with a Dual Aircon without paying extra.

Suspension Talk:
    It now comes with coils on the rear!

Engine Talk:
    Still a 1.6L engine from the old one BUT it came from the Vitara so you would't bother asking for spare parts in your "suking" shop.

Fuel Economy:
    Quite difficult though, same engine, same number of gears which can mean two things, better or still same fuel figures as the old one.

Interior Talk:
    Looks nice than the old one. The seats looks unchanged except for the 2nd row of the A/T model which comes with captain chairs. Quality of plastics? doesn't look cheap. HU found on the A/T can play Mp3's and cassettes, can't find an iPod socket though. The build... Oh rock solid! Doors open and shut properly. Engine is still placed below the front passenger seats and some access for the vital fluids of the vehicle can be found on the hood.

Conclusion:
    Definitely worth a look. Even though it still has not enough cup holders the new APV with its looks, rugged underchassis, ability to ford deep floods and safety features is a plus. Parts are widely available and the leg and head room space from front to back is fantastic! The space for baggage? Not so... Hopefully, we could drive it to find more plusses and negatives. So to say, the APV is now a better competitor to the Avanza.

Prices:
    APV 1.6L SGX A/T (W/ ABS & AIRBAG) P810,000
    APV 1.6L SGX M/T (W/ ABS & AIRBAG) P775,000
    APV 1.6L GLX M/T (W/O ABS & AIRBAG) P735,000

All models come with a 3 year/100,000 km warranty.

Acknowledgement:
    Mr. Dong Alcantara of Suzuki Edsa Branch. Thank you po, you've provided me good info for the hungry APV buyers. I definitely recommend this person.

P.S.
    Sorry talaga walang pics guys... Anyway, would like to hear your comments of my visual observation/review sa APV. Please PM me.

Thanks ulit... Hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by drey; March 5th, 2008 at 01:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    to complement sir drey's observations, i agree with everything he said. i did check the unit awhile ago (around 2PM). sir drey what time kayo pumunta dun? hehehe

i stand corrected - the engine used here sa pinas regarding the new apv arena is 1.6L (G16A) engine, with model number DN72V, a direct descendant of our old apv's (DN71V), and hindi g15a, as said by suzuki indonesia.

price and package - medyo expensive than the old model, pero it looks reasonably priced. unfortunately wala na yung package nilang free gas

sir drey, invite po namin kayo sa suzuki club namin at www.clubcarryph.tk

in terms of ergonomics, the apv gen 1.5 (tawag naming mga taga clubcarry sa bagong apv na ito) is best done. almost everything came from the good design of suzuki swift - from the switches down to the design itself, it's a plus.

regarding sa tailights, di ko nagustuhan. its like they have returned to the former light configuration (double filament stop bulb) instead of the original configuration of the apv gen 1's stoplights (which is separated ang park lamp from stop)

sa coilsprings, this is a plus, pero i'm not sure if we have the techies to repair it once this has been released to the public.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I just hope we could test drive the new APV to know whether there is an improvement to the ride and FC.

*Sir J-Six, hehehe. I don't have a Suzuki but we do have a Daihatsu Hijet in Bukidnon, but I did register sa club ninyo to get info about WagonR's... Deym, I love it so much! I was there in the showroom around 12NN ata... Anyway, I thought the SA was also wrong about the engine being 1.6L because you said it was a 1.5L. I hope may major improvement sa FC. But interior to interior comparison w/ Avanza. APV is better. Baggage and passenger space - APV is better.

Top of the line Avanza vs. TOL APV? APV has more value, imo. ABS, Dual Airbags, Better interior. Though the engine is old, it's reliable and parts are very accessible. I am not talking sales talk, if you are looking for small 8 seater vehicle, take a look.

RE: Interior being biege...
    Hmmm... It's true na dumihin, but that depends on how careful your mechanic is... Innova, Previa comes with a biege interior as well right? No one complained. :hihihi: Mas gusto ko nga visible ang dumi para malinis ko ito agad. Kesa itim, tapos hindi visible... Baka magka-allergic reaction pa ako o whatever. Makes sense no?

One issue lang I found myself being troubled by the APV is IF you're a big person like I am... I was sitting on the driver's side, front seat when I got of the van. My right arm bumped into the upholstery, it was quite painful though... Sana mas bigger ang opening angle of the door.
    Last edited by drey; March 5th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kakahiya naman, dami ko English error... Ngayon ko lang nakita na di na pwede i-edit... hehehe... Pssst, di ako palusot ah, I just made that article during lunch time in about 3o minutes kasi sa Araneta lang may Wifi and I have to go eat lunch pa at the same time because I'm sooo hungry.

Lam nyo naman, I need energy or else I will faint. Nyak! Di nga ako palusot.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *sir sleepdoc: nyahaha...parang gusto kong ibenta na ang apv (gen1) ko eh unless if these beige interiors of the gen1.5 apv could fit the old one, then later on i'll sell the old apv interior panels. what do you think? hehehe. btw, thanks po for registering sa club namin.

*sir drey: thanks sir drey for registering po ah. hehehe i agree also with you on the wagon R, parang gusto ko itong itrade in for my suzuki super carry.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    j-six, thanks for taking me into the group. Kala ko noon for super carry lang kasi yung group.
    The beige interior would not be such a big problem sana, except if you have two kids aged 5 and 3 who think that any flat surface is a blackboard that can be written on... it does give the interior a sense of being bigger than it actually is though... just be prepared to bring a lot of wet towels for cleaning up after...

overall though... the new apv is a worthy upgrade...specially since I carry with it my most precious possesions... my two brats, er, kids...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    There is a good solution for the biege interior, get a biege colored leather cover?
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Suzuki APV Arena (Face-lift)