New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hey guys! I need a 3rd party to evaluate my claim as to the cause of my car problem. Suzuki Phil does not like to honor the warranty. My car is a grand vitara and the timing chain became a problem. its less than 3 years only has 50tkm.
    pls help me

thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtai View Post
    hey guys! I need a 3rd party to evaluate my claim as to the cause of my car problem. Suzuki Phil does not like to honor the warranty. My car is a grand vitara and the timing chain became a problem. its less than 3 years only has 50tkm.
    pls help me

thanks
    Did you do some modifications on the engine? If only on electrical or body, interior, and non on the engine, they should honor it, BUT What was their reason for not honoring the warranty? Baka when they inspected the damage, they thought sinadya yung sina or baka may tinamaan na external force?

Example ko, yung friend ko may hyundai new getz, upon inspection ng damage sa radiator niya, may butas na parang may tumama na matigas na bagay. They did not honor the claim and said it was not damaged due to wear and tear, but damaged by forces of nature.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung hindi casa maintained. malamang void ang warranty.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pls help me

Which branch of Suzuki?

What (if any) mods were done to the Vitara?

What is the problem with the timing chain?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible the vehicle has exceeded the chronologic and/or kilometric limits of the warranty? if yes, then yours may be a lost cause.. otherwise, you may get your lawyer to compose a demand letter and send it to the car dealer..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 17th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pls help me

thanks
    madali ma technical sa warranty. modification sa engine, missed pms, etc.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kailangan pa bang ime-morize iyan. let me tell you sir, lahat nang butas na pwedeng mahanap sa iyo, hahanapin nila para lang hindi mai-honor ang warranty mo. (i'm not only pertaining to Suzuki but to other casas as well). a 1k km interval on PMS sapat nang butas para sa kanila iyon.

warranty is just a word for peace of mind. when you sue a lawyer, baka mas mahal pa ang bayaran mo sa lawyer kesa sa repair bills niyo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks for all the reply
    no modification done
    they said i did not do the change oil every 5tkm and thus warranty is void
    all casa maintained
    my brother will be my lawyer so it 's free. I just need a technical mechanic to contests their findings if any
    thanks again

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it possible the vehicle has exceeded the chronologic and/or kilometric limits of the warranty? if yes, then yours may be a lost cause.. otherwise, you may get your lawyer to compose a demand letter and send it to the car dealer..

Its within the warranty. they acknowledge it
    they blame the change oil , it which is not always within 5t its between 5-10tkm.
    I've been very busy and this is not my first brand new car and i don't do change oil obsessively on time but this is the first time a car this kind has broken at less than 3 years!! One of the reason i bought it is because it was assembled in Japan and supposedly one of the best engine!!!! and what did i get!**
    I got it at PRINCE MOTORS and they said that suzuki Phil is the one that denied my warramty claim

pls help

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Its within the warranty. they acknowledge it
    they blame the change oil , it which is not always within 5t its between 5-10tkm.
    I've been very busy and this is not my first brand new car and i don't do change oil obsessively on time but this is the first time a car this kind has broken at less than 3 years!! One of the reason i bought it is because it was assembled in Japan and supposedly one of the best engine!!!! and what did i get!**
    I got it at PRINCE MOTORS and they said that suzuki Phil is the one that denied my warramty claim

pls help
    like I said on my previous post, a small interval on PMS is enough para ma-void ang warranty. your brother is your lawyer so malilibre ka sa abugado, but how about other fees.

anyway sir, please elaborate more of your problem. bakit niyo nasabing timing chain ang culprit? kung dahil maingay lang naman, nothing serious iyan. kung naputol (timing belt lang naman ang madalas maputol), ayun ang masama dahil malamang tumukod ang valves sa engine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
need help (Suzuki not honoring warranty)