New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wanted to share with you guys my experience last night around 12:15 am along Gilmore ave.

Was driving home towards E. Rodriguez coming from Starbucks Ashcreek at the corner of Ortigas Ave. and Madison in Greenhills. I was driving at a leisurely pace from Santolan Intersection when I noticed from my rearview mirror that there was a Civic tailing my rear with hi-beams on. Gusto siya magovertake sa left side ko kaso he couldn't because of oncoming high-speed traffic and cars in front of me. Didn't mind him until he started making irritating short honks and swerving left and right as if taunting me. Kept my cool until I reached the intersection of Gilmore and Aurora. Traffic light caught up on me so I was the 1st car in front while the black civic remained in my rear. Red light pa pero he kept revving his engine and making short irrititating honks with his horn. Felt a slight itch sa nape ko na. Before I knew it, nag backup siya until I heard the car at his back give a warning honk then he lined up his civic sa left side ko. I didn't look at my left side pero my peripheral vision gave me an outline of a black SIR, indiglo dash, and a young male driver. Di masyado madilim ang tint niya kasi. After lining up sa side ng Vitara ko, hindi siya umabante kasi red light pa and there were still occasional cars passing. Then he starts to rev his engine again. Sabi ko sa sarili ko na sige, since we were first in the pack and there was no car in sight all the way from Gilmore corner to E. Rod, i'll take the challenge. I turned off the A/C switch of my aircon while maintaining the fan on and revved my engine to about 4k RPM. Waited patiently for the light to turn green and as soon as it did, we were off. Grabe, everything happened so quickly. We both jumped from the starting line at the same time and quickly crossed the intersection. Redline ako till I hit my redline of 8k rpm then shifted to 2nd. Heard my BF Goodrich tires scream. Neck to neck pa rin kami. Pushed the accelerator all the way till I redlined again to 8k then shifted to 3rd. All the time I gripped my steering wheel tight and maintained my straight gaze as my left peripheral vision saw that his headlights were in line with my front tire. Still, I didn't give up. Head to head pa rin kami. My eyes were closely monitoring my RPM level also inorder to know where I should shift. Mga halfway na kami towards E.Rod when I took a quick glance at my speedometer and I was surprised na we both were hitting 140kph. Still, head to head pa rin. My hi-beams were on and everytime I saw a visible intersection, I blasted my Stebels all the way. Finally 3/4 of the way na kami and I saw the perpendicular intersection of E. Rod approaching. With safety being at the back of my mind, I slowly eased up on the accelerator pedal. I was surprised that the civic likewise did the same. We both stopped at the same time at the intersection and I did my left turn-signal. THe civic was still at my left side. Suddenly, his right passenger mirror came down and I expected the guy to give me either a look, a finger, or point a gun at me pero I was surprised to see a skinhead chinese guy look at me with a smile. He then pointed to my engine area and gave me a thumbs up sign. I smiled back. Before I knew it, nag green na yung lights and he took off ahead. Di ko na hinabol. Hehehe. I was busy grinning from ear to ear and giving my dashboard a good pat. "Nice one, boy." As I continued my drive home, I just noticed my heartbeat pounding against my chest. Sobra ang adrenaline rush. It was a risk, but it sure felt good.

Kids, don't try this in the streets ok?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayosh...lufet ng ride mo! :wink:

Sheesh...those damn young kids, ang yayabang, hiram lang naman kay papa ang mga sasakyan... :evil:

I remembered before, may nakainitan akong civic din sa marcos highway (may stop light pa nun). We were at a stop and kakamura ko palang sa kanya nun, bigla niya hinataw ang civic niya while on red (gusto yatang mauna), ayun sumalpak sa kumakaliwang truck...buti nalang minor lang. Gusto ko pa sanang murahin ulit sa katangahan pero naawa ako, I stepped down my vehicle and asked him if he needs to be brought to the hospital or if he needs medical attention...aba minura pa ako...Pilipino nga naman. Tsktsk :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aha! Kaya pala sinisilip mo ung hood kagabi! Now I know you were getting it ready for something. :twisted:

Buti walang mga nakausling cars from either side in New Manila streets. Deym! You both were too fast for urban streets. :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the guy showed good sportsmanship pero sa strip na lang sana niya ginagawa...ibang klase din mag-trip...

sir wiretap_md, ang bilis pala ng vitara mo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8k pala redline ng vitara :!:8O pareho din ng redline ng SiR!
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, I admit it was dangerous to do it and very stupid of me to allow myself to succumb to such a temptation. Kahit gaano ka ka careful, accidents do happen when you least expect it. Next time, I know better. Racing indeed is for the strip, not the streets. Thanks guys!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chieffy: Btw, I just tried the California Duster! Galing talaga! There was a slight drizzle kanina while I was in the hospital so when I came back, medyo may mga spots sa dust that was on the car. I then got the duster which I left to air dry on top of some newspapers for the last 2 days and voila! Magic talaga! Saved me a trip to the car wash! Sulit ang P1,500! Tried the interior duster too! Galing galing!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    okay ah.. vitara kumakarera na..

now i want to see a pajero screeching tires along c-5.. tapos biglang papatalunin sa center island....off-road naaa..!!:mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got to try that to my 2 door vitara.... matic nga lang... yes it revs up to 8k

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Impromptu drag kagabi...my Vitara vs. stock SIR...