New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Guys help us decide what to get. Torn between Ertiga and Vitara. 5 seating capacity on the vitara is not a deal breaker for us. Will be using the car mainly city drive with ocassional trips to provinces. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I prefer the Vitara as it looks wider for me. I'm​ a bit biased with a wider looking vehicle so this might not apply to you.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Suzuki Vitara ... Wait for the facelifted model ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vitara gets my vote. Higher ground clearance is a plus on our poorly maintained roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Vitara gets my vote. Higher ground clearance is a plus on our poorly maintained roads

I thought they both have 185cm ground clearance?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post

AFIAK, same lang ground clearance ng vitara and ertiga at 185mm.

if the additional seating and cargo space will never be an issue, Vitara na kasi practically yun lang lamang ng Ertiga.

sa vitara you get a wider body, 1.6L engine, 6-speed tranny, paddle shifters, cruise control, 4-wheel discs, stability control and ABS.

btw, the vitara GL+ is around 120k more than the Ertiga GL AT. or did the TS mean Ertiga GLX?
    Last edited by coiter; October 8th, 2018 at 02:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noted on their identical ground clearance. If its only 120k, I’d be willing to shell out the extra money for those extras. Especially cruise control. Not a lot of car makers make it standard at that price point.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    If you have minimal cargo concerns, go for the Vitara

9. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Both options address totally different needs. But if you will be doing mainly city then perhaps Ertiga is a better option? It's car-like and the engine is smaller, with the 4AT adequate for most city applications. It was designed in Indonesia, where the traffic is just as bad, if not worse. Should be a good fit for city driving.

Sent from my SM-J106B using Tapatalk