New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    hello and good day po sa inyo! i owned this second hand 2008 model suzuki apv just last 2012 november. i went to a mechanic to ask for a problem i have in my apv. he said that i need to replace the engine ignition coil, but having said that it cost at 6k last year (so probably went higher now), i declined to replace it due to financial reasons. he said that its not so much a trouble if i will not replace it now. this is my first car and i dont know much about cars thats why i ask for ur help. my question is...will it not bring a much bigger trouble and money if i will not replace it immediately? it doesnt run as smooth as it was. would there be any remedy instead of replacing the engine coil? please help po...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kylameel View Post
    hello and good day po sa inyo! i owned this second hand 2008 model suzuki apv just last 2012 november. i went to a mechanic to ask for a problem i have in my apv. he said that i need to replace the engine ignition coil, but having said that it cost at 6k last year (so probably went higher now), i declined to replace it due to financial reasons. he said that its not so much a trouble if i will not replace it now. this is my first car and i dont know much about cars thats why i ask for ur help. my question is...will it not bring a much bigger trouble and money if i will not replace it immediately? it doesnt run as smooth as it was. would there be any remedy instead of replacing the engine coil? please help po...

the ignition coil should be covered under warranty. if you don't replace it and the engine continuously misfires, it will damage the catalytic converter and might tend to build up excessive carbon in the combustion chamber/s or behind the exhaust valves. check the dealership for the warranty