New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Remember when I was asking about ex-JDM Pajeros and stuff. Update lang, nakabili na kami ng sasakyan. But what we got was a mint-condition 1995 Suzuki Vitara for Php 280k. Para yun sa kuya ni commander who absolutely knows zilch about cars and is a first-time buyer. He's pretty happy with the purchase.

Though its still a bit early, I'm in the process of looking for another el cheapo vehicle for someone in the family also. Budget is around Php 125-150k and though conventional vehicles are not excluded, a 4x4 is still preferred. As usual, nothing older than '95, not ex-JDM, not backyard assembled.

Magkano ba ang mga Korando at Rocsta nowadays? Saan pwede magtingin ng units? How about Suzuki Samurais? What can you say about these models? Alin ang recommended? Dami ba tanong? hehehe. Thanks!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    for the love of God, dont buy the Suzuki Samurai sir *otep!

I never forgot the day when our Samurai left our garage. It was one

of my most memorable happy moments. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kinda weird, samurai have a very good reputation in hardcore off-road (but not in flat-road)...

parang matumal na rocsta or korando lately - most korean surplus shops here in AC only have vans (besta, hyundai). but try texting Dayu (09167820229) he is a 4x4 mechanic whose brother owns a korando...marami etong contacts that might lead you to a possible supplier.

he is also a fabricator ng mga off-road parts - ARB/TJM bumper look-a-like, ball-hitch, trailers, roof-rack, body-lift, suspension lift, etc. and understands off-roading very well kasi off-roader din silang magkapatid.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    samurai for me, best of both worlds, daily rider n can answer the call of floods and offroading when the need arises.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    samurai for me too

but...... if you ask me, why not look at the suzuki beaver also. its cheaper and if really dont need the three row seating of the samurai, you can free up a lot of budget for modifications

proven na rin yung beaver and lots of spare parts available

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I used a Suzuki Samurai for four years. limited edition pa nila. as if, mags lang
    naman pala difference sa ordinary ...

cons:
    - when you go to baguio, kahit nag-manual ka mag-shift sa 4x4 (as in baba ka
    pa at iikutin mo ng daliri mo yun mahigpit na adjust sa 2 front gulong) hirap!

- the electrical system can be compared to that of locally assembled jeeps & jeepneys

- lahat makalog, the fibre glass, the spare tire, the hard plastic dashboard na
    talagang ini-screw lang, walang talaga research.

- the transmission system na parati nasisira. The only suggestion ni Philhino Suzuki
    eh patayin ko na 4ever ang 4WD at mag 2-wheel na lang ako.

- the alternator eto talaga pareho lang ng ginagamit sa dyip. 3 beses ako nagpalit!

- and last but not least, the aircon. yun mga hose sa ilalim ng dashboard parati
    na out of place siguro na din sa tagtag neto.

- mas masarap pa sumakay at i-drive ang L300FB ko d2!

all I can say is, good riddance! I vowed never to own anything Suzuki again.
    and the Samurai was just a gift from my dad after graduating.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya daw buhatin ng 4 na tao ang samurai pag nalubog as putik ang gulong... may naka exp na ba?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Try nyo yung Jimny ng Suzuki.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    kaya daw buhatin ng 4 na tao ang samurai pag nalubog as putik ang gulong... may naka exp na ba?
    Wala pa, hinihila kasi agad ng mga Patrols pag na-stuck sa trails para di tumagal sa byahe.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    I used a Suzuki Samurai for four years. limited edition pa nila. as if, mags lang
    naman pala difference sa ordinary ...

cons:
    - when you go to baguio, kahit nag-manual ka mag-shift sa 4x4 (as in baba ka
    pa at iikutin mo ng daliri mo yun mahigpit na adjust sa 2 front gulong) hirap!

- the electrical system can be compared to that of locally assembled jeeps & jeepneys

- lahat makalog, the fibre glass, the spare tire, the hard plastic dashboard na
    talagang ini-screw lang, walang talaga research.

- the transmission system na parati nasisira. The only suggestion ni Philhino Suzuki
    eh patayin ko na 4ever ang 4WD at mag 2-wheel na lang ako.

- the alternator eto talaga pareho lang ng ginagamit sa dyip. 3 beses ako nagpalit!

- and last but not least, the aircon. yun mga hose sa ilalim ng dashboard parati
    na out of place siguro na din sa tagtag neto.

- mas masarap pa sumakay at i-drive ang L300FB ko d2!

all I can say is, good riddance! I vowed never to own anything Suzuki again.
    and the Samurai was just a gift from my dad after graduating.

Dapat sa akin mo na lang binenta. Hehehe. Baka naman lagi kang naka-4x4 sa asphalt kaya nasisira ang "transmission" mo?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
El Cheapo 4x4...[Korando, Rocsta, Samurai, etc]