New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I'm trying to find a good Multicab re-assembler.I understand some are better than others..I've heard that Rusco isn't a real good choice,but can anyone offer any first hand experience?I am in LaUnion,and it seems most assemblers are in the Manila area...except for Amianan Motors..(and they are very expensive).

Can anyone advise me who or where to buy from that is a quality assembler?

Thx.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    126 views...but no one has any experience?

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    i bought mine in sofia village, imus, cavite way back 2007. they were still starting out as the conversion still wasn't that refined. the wipers aren't for lhd. but the build quality is fine. no major breakdowns so far and when i got back recently, they're at par with rusco/amianan conversions. dropside pickup price has gone up too from 120k in 2007 to about 140k in 2012. it was a good buy. i sold mine recently for 80k and still missing it.

meron ding rusco within the vicinity. there's another assembler in sn. pablo, laguna 4-wheels motors and berylle trucks in manila.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks so much for the help cp.I know that there are several assemblers in Manila.I have been looking at 4Wheel Motors ads for quite some time on another forum.

I just wish that I could get some feedback from people who had actually purchased these from assemblers,that could recommend one.I would be looking at Amianan if they weren't so much more expensive than the others,as they are fairly close to me,but I cannot bring myself to pay the extra 35k (or more) that they sell for.

I wonder how someone might get a mechanic to check one out if you weren't from the area.?I dunno.Maybe just take a chance...but that isn't very wise,even tho they are simple and probably relatively inexpensive to repair,it would still be good to get one that was basically in good shape to begin with.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa Imus nga marami. We were looking for 1 before. Sa Imus din kami naghanap. Sa importers mismo. Parang 80k yata asking price nila. Sa tapat ng Robinsons yata yun. May side street. Sa loob nun marami.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    i just bought a car mechanically inclined friend when i made the purchase. these sellers condition the engine aside from the cosmetics when they sell. they also give you warranty.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    mga bro, di na pala available sa philippine market ang suzuki bravo Fb body, my dealer pa kaya my stock na unit thanks..

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    pinalitan na sya ng suzuki carry - apv na pickup/fb chassis. used by pepsi and other commercial establishments.
    kung gusto mo talaga ng multicab is go for the remanufactured/surplus units. wala na talaga syang bnew.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    try EXACAB..mine is 2 years old na. pang deliver ko.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I got mine from Rusco San Pablo in an installment basis. There were issues that i have encountered few days that i have been using the unit until now that its been a year despite my prompt payment. The tow bar was removed which i discovered when i was about to use it. They just told me that it was not included with the unit. The repairs and adjustments i requested for some of the issues i found when they presented me the unit we're not done. One of which is the spare tire bracket which they only installed correctly when i got mad because the spare tire almost fell while driving in the free way with my family. Take note that it is installed beneath that might cause a major self-accident. Eight months later, I had a very hard time renewing the registration because they didn't even bothered telling me that the papers we're already transferred to my name just a few months when the unit was released to me.

Last week, the timing belt broke a few kilometers from their office but still cannot provide me immediate assistance. The belt was cut short and lost the part number so i decided to bring them the sample to verify the replacement. It was then i checked their displayed units. Compared to mine, all of them have armor covering of the pump belt. I realized that this is important because its a scrum model (the engine is at the rear and the pump belt and timing belt is facing the right, rear wheel). No wonder why I always have problem with my pump belt. I already noticed the damage at the timing belt cover before (which most likely cause its breakage) but the rusco mechanic told me that its fine and would not affect the engine. He defended that some of the units has no covering and its fine. But if I want, I might find a surplus from Blumentritt because they cannot provide me one. They wouldn't want to lend me one as a sample instead a staff called me the other day and said they are willing to buy the cover for me and I'll just pay them for whatever it'll cost. Hmm, sounds fishy. I'm going to pay separately for the item that should have been included to the unit that i've been paying for.

I had no issues on engine aside from mentioned. I was very satisfied with the performance, speed, gas consumption. To those who would like to buy a multicab or a car, especially second hand, I suggest you bring someone knowledgeable enough to assist you. In my case, its my first time to drive an auto with rear engine and just moved in from distant place. If you feel something else is wrong, maybe it is wrong. Ask as many dealer as you can. Compare their offers and their capacity to meet your requirements. Take a closer look with the hidden rust on flooring and hinges; how smooth every door is opening and closing; test drive it yourself - testing is free; Listen to the sound of the engine; Oil should be clear; Go underneath and check everything - wet surface is a sign of leak.

Hope I have shared something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can anyone recommend a Multicab re-assembler/dealer?