New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi! Any thoughts on the reliability of the CVT? Any differences with maintenance cost? How many miles before it breaks down (which I hope does not happen) or needs a replacement?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pen_Quin6138 View Post
    Hi! Any thoughts on the reliability of the CVT? Any differences with maintenance cost? How many miles before it breaks down (which I hope does not happen) or needs a replacement?
    Dati when CVTs first came out in the late 90's early 2000's sirain ang mga CVTs pero as the technology mature nawawala rin ang mga issues. I'm not sure with suzuki cvts though, I have never experienced them, pero a quick check with google , wala namang issues.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Ma rerelease palang yung Celerio ko next week. For those who are driving the car already, kamusta naman ang sport mode? mas mabilis ba siya pag gagamitin from traffic stop tapos switch to D?

Also magagamit ba siya for overtaking sa highways?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by onisleeve View Post
    Ma rerelease palang yung Celerio ko next week. For those who are driving the car already, kamusta naman ang sport mode? mas mabilis ba siya pag gagamitin from traffic stop tapos switch to D?

Also magagamit ba siya for overtaking sa highways?
    Di ko pa natry gamitin yung sport mode. Pero nakalagay sa manual recommended sya gamitin pag going uphill and downhill.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Have used the Sport Mode and surprisingly it works really well (mapapangiti ka =)). Wag nga lang prolonged. I tried it sa SCTEX up to 155 Kph quick burst lang. Medyo may nangamoy rubber inside the car. So I backed down as soon I scented. Anyway up to 120 is pretty stable which should be more than enough for overtaking.

Based on what I've read, wag daw i floor ang CVT rather gradual depression of the gas pedal should give the same speed up effect.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    CVTs are still scary, but according to US sources, who've had experience with JATCO failures over the years, decreasing the maintenance interval, chaing the fluid twice as often as required by the manufacturer, seems to help ensure long life.

And don't drive them hard. If you need to use the Sport Mode, use it sparingly and revert to Drive after overtaking.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    CVTs are still scary, but according to US sources, who've had experience with JATCO failures over the years, decreasing the maintenance interval, chaing the fluid twice as often as required by the manufacturer, seems to help ensure long life.

And don't drive them hard. If you need to use the Sport Mode, use it sparingly and revert to Drive after overtaking.
    OT: Does this apply to sportier CVTs like those in the WRX and FXT?

Pretty sad if you have to regulate your flogging. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pen_Quin6138 View Post
    Have used the Sport Mode and surprisingly it works really well (mapapangiti ka =)). Wag nga lang prolonged. I tried it sa SCTEX up to 155 Kph quick burst lang. Medyo may nangamoy rubber inside the car. So I backed down as soon I scented. Anyway up to 120 is pretty stable which should be more than enough for overtaking.

Based on what I've read, wag daw i floor ang CVT rather gradual depression of the gas pedal should give the same speed up effect.
    "Medyo may nangamoy rubber inside the car"

I've been told that this is the Catalytic Converter doing its job. and google gave me this answer:

"The rotten egg smell out the exhaust is the catalytic converter working doing its job. If the catalytic converter was at fault, then the rear oxygen sensor would set the "check engine" light. The smell is usually caused from gasoline brand"

What i need to know i guess is that ok lang i-engage yung sport mode for the sake of overtaking and then dis-engaging it again right? also ito yung button na nasa stickshift na mismo na S right?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sa Celerio group ang sabi nila dahil lang sa catalytic converter.

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Niky, What is the typical maintenance interval of a CVT? and what do you do when you do maintenance? I have never owned a car with CVT transmission.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast