New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, best cruising speed on the highway for both economy and safety is probably around 85-90. That's just fast enough that buses aren't constantly riding your tail and cutting you off.

Quote Originally Posted by koykiks View Post
    How about sticking to 60 kph. The revs will hover around 1k. That almost idle.

I do hope suzuki updates the trip computer to make it read above 30kpl
    I could have... but I had a two hundred plus kilometer drive ahead of me, it was the middle of the night, in typhoon weather, and the trucks around me were damn scary.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Personally, best cruising speed on the highway for both economy and safety is probably around 85-90. That's just fast enough that buses aren't constantly riding your tail and cutting you off.

I could have... but I had a two hundred plus kilometer drive ahead of me, it was the middle of the night, in typhoon weather, and the trucks around me were damn scary.
    sir, i believe you've driven both the wigo and the new celerio. and if it will not violate some vast, eternal plan...
    which, in your opinion, gives a more comfortable ride?
    Last edited by dr. d; November 18th, 2015 at 08:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1447882988.644069.jpg

Folding keyfobs for SUZUKI.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

sir, i believe you've driven both the wigo and the new celerio. and if it will not violate some vast, eternal plan...
    which, in your opinion, gives a more comfortable ride?
    All I can say is: I.want.a.Celerio.

The Mirage feels loose and loopy to drive in comparison. The Wigo feels like an oxcart. Sorry, Wigo owners, I just don't like how cheap it feels. The Celerio isn't perfect... there's some thumping over bumps that indicate short suspension travel versus the Mirage, but the Wigo is worse in that sense, and wanders much more on the highway.

The Celerio tracks truer than both of the others at speed on the highway, it has a nicer cabin than the Wigo (against Mirage, it's debatable), it has a great cargo area, the manual transmission is just right... not as notchy or crunchy as in the Wigo, nor as loose and flappy as in the Mirage. Can't guarantee it will stay that way over the long haul, but at least it starts out good. The automatic is worlds better than the Wigo. The Mirage 1.2 CVT is superior, sure, but not by all that much. The main complaint with the auto is that it's slow to engage from a stop. But for a 1.0, that's a given... other 1.0 ATs take forever to move from a light.

At 507k, you already get ABS, airbags and mags. And the stereo doesn't completely suck. The Wigo and Mirage still have maybe an inch more legroom, but both have less headroom and the Wigo uses ultra-thin seats to get that extra inch. The Celerio's big glass makes it feel like a roomier car than either. Only nit is the big glass means you'll need good tint on the sides and rear to keep cool.

I was thinking of buying secondhand for a service vehicle by January, but I'm wondering about buying this one... seriously wondering.
    Last edited by niky; November 19th, 2015 at 01:49 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

The Mirage feels loose and loopy to drive in comparison. The Wigo feels like an oxcart. Sorry, Wigo owners, I just don't like how cheap it feels. The Celerio isn't perfect... there's some thumping over bumps that indicate short suspension travel versus the Mirage, but the Wigo is worse in that sense, and wanders much more on the highway.

The Celerio tracks truer than both of the others at speed on the highway, it has a nicer cabin than the Wigo (against Mirage, it's debatable), it has a great cargo area, the manual transmission is just right... not as notchy or crunchy as in the Wigo, nor as loose and flappy as in the Mirage. Can't guarantee it will stay that way over the long haul, but at least it starts out good. The automatic is worlds better than the Wigo. The Mirage 1.2 CVT is superior, sure, but not by all that much. The main complaint with the auto is that it's slow to engage from a stop. But for a 1.0, that's a given... other 1.0 ATs take forever to move from a light.

At 507k, you already get ABS, airbags and mags. And the stereo doesn't completely suck. The Wigo and Mirage still have maybe an inch more legroom, but both have less headroom and the Wigo uses ultra-thin seats to get that extra inch. The Celerio's big glass makes it feel like a roomier car than either. Only nit is the big glass means you'll need good tint on the sides and rear to keep cool.

I was thinking of buying secondhand for a service vehicle by January, but I'm wondering about buying this one... seriously wondering.
    Split folding rear too?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

high!
    thanks.
    maka-lakad nga sa otis at mamalengke... ng brochures.
    galing nako sa mitsu doon.. they do not know how to entertain potentials, in my opinion..
    frequent flyer ako sa toyota.. (i got a wigo, because it's a toyota. reliable, easy to sell and service and all that..)
    kilala na mukha ko sa UN nissan (1.2 almera! still waiting for the metal to arrive..)
    hyundai at honda na lang..
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 19th, 2015 at 02:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Niky, between the Suzuki Celerio and the Swift? Which one?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Niky, between the Suzuki Celerio and the Swift? Which one?
    Ah. No comparison. The Swift is a bigger, better car. Better interior build. Better refinement. Better build quality overall. Better steering, better handling, better power. And the 1.2 is reasonably economical, even with the four-speed auto.

Only thing I don't like is the Indian-spec suspension is stiff compared to the smooth ride of the 1.4. Also, the Swift's back seat has never been impressive to me, though that could also be because the front seats are bigger and better padded than the Celerio's.

Do note, the price difference is rather big between the two.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Thank you, Niky. Just deciding which to get for a city runabout vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Thanks everyone for your input. Coming from sir Niky, that also validates most reviews like the ones coming from Australia. It'll be a matter of choosing the right color at this point. Again thank you, really appreciate it!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast