New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    The Jimny can give better flood wading capability, with a more potent engine than any of the small cars today. It's built like a tank and should last way beyond your kid's college years.
    Kaso ang mahal ng brand new jimny for a dinosaur look interior, just 4 seater and no cargo space. Plus the fact na ang hassle pumasok sa likod

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Kaso ang mahal ng brand new jimny for a dinosaur look interior, just 4 seater and no cargo space. Plus the fact na ang hassle pumasok sa likod
    at least, this will dissuade the classmates from designating the car as the "kotse ng bayan".
    come to think of it, the swift's small-ish second row might have the same effect.
    hey! ganito na lang.. get an 86 ! yun, garantisadong hindi magiging kotse ng bayan..
    heh heh. joke, madam..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

at least, this will dissuade the classmates from designating the car as the "kotse ng bayan".
    come to think of it, the swift's small-ish second row might have the same effect.
    hey! ganito na lang.. get an 86 ! yun, garantisadong hindi magiging kotse ng bayan..
    heh heh. joke, madam..
    Hindi bro e. Yung jimny is like sitting in a 3rd row of montero, fortuner, etc. Which we all know masikip talaga nakaangat ang knees Mas ok pa ang sa swift

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Hindi bro e. Yung jimny is like sitting in a 3rd row of montero, fortuner, etc. Which we all know masikip talaga nakaangat ang knees Mas ok pa ang sa swift
    the mirage's or wigo's second row seats have much better space than the swift.. sa swift, with the front seat adjusted to my frame, nakatama na ang tuhod ko sa upuan sa harap..
    in truth, the swift arguably qualifies as a 4-door 2 + 2 ..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 17th, 2015 at 11:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    The Jimny can give better flood wading capability, with a more potent engine than any of the small cars today. It's built like a tank and should last way beyond your kid's college years.
    Jimny? It's so old. Doesn't even have airbags. Ford Ecosport has better value and practicality.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    heh heh. joke, madam..
    But it still has rear seats. But a Mazda MX-5 . . .

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Tingin ko mas safe ang body ng Vios kaso A/T pala kailangan. I guess around 600k budget nyo.
    Eto choices ko para sa iyo pero I suggest go for a test drive:

SRPs, models, engine displacement:

630,000 Toyota Vios J M/T (1.3)
    573,000 Mitsubishi Mirage GLX A/T (1.2)
    521,000 Toyota Wigo G M/T (1.0)
    556,000 Toyota Wigo G A/T (1.0)
    608,000 Suzuki Swift M/T (1.2)
    648,000 Suzuki Swift A/T (1.2)
    507,000 Suzuki Celerio M/T (1.0)
    542,000 Suzuki Celerio A/T (1.0)

If we'll narrow the choices to pure automatics:

Personally, I'd go for Mirage GLX A/T or Wigo G A/T. Mirage powerful yet efficient. Wigo naman ay maganda ang features na kasama, comparable na rin sa top-of-the-line (TOTL) Mirage sa feature. It's a very good value for money for me. Punta po kayo sa showrooms then i-compare nyo po sila kung ano mas gusto ninyong features. Both are very good choices. For the Swift A/T, I think I'd rather choose the TOTL Mirage GLS A/T with SRP 673,000 (25,000 premium over Swift but loaded with goodies). For the Celerio A/T, I can't comprehensively conclude since I don't have the details of the model. But I'd choose Mirage GLX A/T over Celerio A/T.

At mas madali maintenance ng Toyota at Mitsubishi dito sa bansa natin, kahit out-of-warranty na.

Sana po hindi ko nadagdagan ang confusion ninyo. Haha.

Good luck!

Tingin ko mas safe ang body ng Vios kaso A/T pala kailangan. I guess around 600k budget nyo.
    Eto choices ko para sa iyo pero I suggest go for a test drive:

SRPs, models, engine displacement:

630,000 Toyota Vios J M/T (1.3)
    521,000 Toyota Wigo G M/T (1.0)
    608,000 Suzuki Swift M/T (1.2)
    507,000 Suzuki Celerio M/T (1.0)

If we'll narrow the choices to pure automatics:

Personally, I'd go for Mirage GLX A/T or Wigo G A/T. Mirage powerful yet efficient. Wigo naman ay maganda ang features na kasama, comparable na rin sa top-of-the-line (TOTL) Mirage sa feature. It's a very good value for money for me. Punta po kayo sa showrooms then i-compare nyo po sila kung ano mas gusto ninyong features. Both are very good choices. For the Swift A/T, I think I'd rather choose the TOTL Mirage GLS A/T with SRP 673,000 (25,000 premium over Swift but loaded with goodies). For the Celerio A/T, I can't comprehensively conclude since I don't have the details of the model. But I'd choose Mirage GLX A/T over Celerio A/T.

At mas madali maintenance ng Toyota at Mitsubishi dito sa bansa natin, kahit out-of-warranty na.

Sana po hindi ko nadagdagan ang confusion ninyo. Haha.

Good luck!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Admin, recommending transfer of this thread in the comparison section with "wigo, mirage, 1.2L swift and this all new celerio" as suggested title.
    Admin pa change title po. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

when the old celerio first came up, i tried it out. my complaint then, was the utter lack of rear passenger space.
    has this been addressed in the new celerio? if so, and at that price, it may just give the competition a run for their money.
    i have seen the recent ads, but there's nothing like trying it out in the metal.

i also have a wigo AT, and i tell you... in heavy traffic, it doesn't behave like a proper fuel miser.
    mirage? many users sing fuel economy praises..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 17th, 2015 at 12:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013

when the old celerio first came up, i tried it out. my complaint then, was the utter lack of rear passenger space.
    has this been addressed in the new celerio? if so, and at that price, it may just give the competition a run for their money.
    i have seen the recent ads, but there's nothing like trying it out in the metal.

i also have a wigo AT, and i tell you... in heavy traffic, it doesn't behave like a proper fuel miser.
    mirage? many users sing fuel economy praises..
    The new Celerio has much better rear passenger space. It's more spacious than my Swift and has the same legroom as the Mirage. The Celerio is also more comfy than the Mirage for passengers since the seats have better thigh support and aren't as flat. Also more spacious for taller passengers since the Celerio has a taller ceiling.

As for fuel consumption, check this review out: Suzuki Celerio v Mitsubishi Mirage : Comparison review
    Both compare the automatic variants of the Mirage and Celerio and the Celerio turns out to be more fuel efficient. Not surprising since it's a 1.2L vs 1.0L engine.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast