New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga Sirs,

How would you know if the wheel bearing starts to worn-out? What are the symptoms and how much would be the replacement cost for each (front and rear)? How critical is this part? Is it necessary to have a genuine replacement from casa or just a replacement part from car shops?. My car is 2003 Honda City. Thank you for any info you can share..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    Mga Sirs,

How would you know if the wheel bearing starts to worn-out? What are the symptoms and how much would be the replacement cost for each (front and rear)? How critical is this part? Is it necessary to have a genuine replacement from casa or just a replacement part from car shops?. My car is 2003 Honda City. Thank you for any info you can share..

tell tale signs include growl, knocking noise when hitting bumps, metallic scraping or the anti lock warning light turns on. when you have alignment checked, the camber is changed to a less positive or more negative camber

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    maugong habang tumatakbo ang oto

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    excessive vibration and bumpy ang ride.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_28 View Post
    maugong habang tumatakbo ang oto
    To add... kapag malala na, kahit ikot mo lang free wheel habang naka jack dinig na dinig mo ugong

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thank you for the reply sirs. how about the criticality of this part? do i need to get an a replacement part from CASA which for sure the cost too much or a replacement from any auto shop will suffice the requirement. Where can I get a good quality replacement with a good price aside from CASA and magkano ba yan sirs? what brand should I consider? thanks again for the info.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    mura lang usually wheel bearing (below 1k i think for old cars), ang mahal yun labor - you have to pay for the hydraulic press OUT (old) and IN (new).

kung pasimula ng palitin yan me ugong on certain speeds. Kapag malala na, ugong magdamag.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thank you for the reply sirs. how about the criticality of this part? do i need to get an a replacement part from CASA which for sure the cost too much or a replacement from any auto shop will suffice the requirement. Where can I get a good quality replacement with a good price aside from CASA and magkano ba yan sirs? what brand should I consider? thanks again for the info.
    koyo or ntn are good brands, AFAIK yan din ang OEM bearing na gamit ng honda mismo, hrc banawe specializes in honda parts I,m sure meron sila. kahit saang malalaking auto parts shop meron nyan just bring samples.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    criticality of the part? if its durog na, the wheel cannot spin anymore, dahil barado na.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i wouldn't wait for it to get "critical" (whatever that means). nandadamay yan ng sira, kapag hindi inayos nang maaga.
    also, once the bearing housing deforms, it might be even more difficult to replace..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast