New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dahil ba ang ginamit nilang gearbox ay di maganda? o di maganda pagkaka gawa? o ano? :confused:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Could be both. I guess when the steering was converted to LH-drive, they messed up the steering geometry.

Our SUVic Pajero from 5 years ago could turn left on a dime... but turning right is another story.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm same with my grandfather's pajero. one side can has small turning radius but the other steers big :um:

is there any fix? change steering box?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Improper conversion. They used the steering gear from the right hand drive dashboard and transplanted it on the left... so the stops are off. The proper way to convert is to use everything from a left-hand-drive Pajero so that the steering geometries are correct.

Of course, buying all of that would make the Subic Pajeros cost almost as much as original left-hand-drive ones... since you would need a full front-cut for the dashboard and steering... as well as LHD headlights and mirrors... in which case, most people wouldn't bother.

But thanks to our government, which doesn't really give a damn about the engineering side of things and has really simplistic rules on what qualifies a car for road use, you can get away with any sloppy old solution for converting a car to LHD.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Niky:
    But thanks to our government, which doesn't really give a damn about the engineering side of things and has really simplistic rules on what qualifies a car for road use, you can get away with any sloppy old solution for converting a car to LHD.
    haha

and our nice little government allows anyone to assemble owner type jeeps, PUJs, mini buses, AUVs, tricycles, pedicabs, kuligligs and use them on public roads

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    so nicky, would changing to LHD steering gearbox cure the steering geometry? test drove our ford ranger last day (still on the shop) and i was jealous at the turning ratio :drool:

yung isuzu MU ang gusto kong ayusin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    so nicky, would changing to LHD steering gearbox cure the steering geometry? test drove our ford ranger last day (still on the shop) and i was jealous at the turning radius :drool:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    so nicky, would changing to LHD steering gearbox cure the steering geometry? test drove our ford ranger last day (still on the shop) and i was jealous at the turning radius :drool:

It should. But you might need to change everything, including the rack itself. I don't really know.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    magkano kaya aabutin?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Solid diffs has a bigger turning radius compared to open diffs independent suspension for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by afrasay; May 27th, 2009 at 02:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
why does SUVics have big turning radius?