New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Where's a good place to to have my shocks replaced and maybe my suspension fixed at in and around the Cavite area? I live in Imus. It has come to a point where my front right side shock dips and tilts...it makes me look like I have a hydraulic suspension. Thanx in advance for any replies.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ot : sama na rin ako, kung may malapit din sa alabang/las pinas

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Cruven.. sa cavite alam ko meron.

sa las pinas naman... cruven din. pero yung sa may sucat.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, may cruven daw dyan sa may malapit sa aguinaldo shrine.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    kung gusto mong makamura (and still used your old shocks), CRUVEN in wakas, kawit (conversion of your shox to gas type and then refill)

if you want to replace it already, just buy from an autoshop (marami nyan sa imus) then palagay mo na lang (shell along the aguinaldo hi-way, makalampas ng LTO mura ang singil nila ng labor)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for all the replies. The price at Cruven to replace and the labor, is it relatively cheaper than other shops? And how's their reputation for honesty? I've been getting ripped off lately (but who hasnt been ripped off heheh) THanx again guys. Tholitz..yep, i know that place, if i decide to go the route of buying then having it installed..i'll do that.

Also..how much should I expect..or would you expect it to cost to have my two front shocks replaced at Cruven?

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. The price at Cruven to replace and the labor, is it relatively cheaper than other shops? And how's their reputation for honesty? I've been getting ripped off lately (but who hasnt been ripped off heheh) THanx again guys. Tholitz..yep, i know that place, if i decide to go the route of buying then having it installed..i'll do that.

Also..how much should I expect..or would you expect it to cost to have my two front shocks replaced at Cruven?

Price * Cruven (Wakas, Kawit, Cavite)
    convertion & refill = P750.00 / shox
    labor = P200.00 / shox

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    normally, cruven charges around 50-70% less than buying brand new parts. this is because they repair your shocks/joints. they don't use brand new parts. but, as mr. manny, the manager of cruven sucat told me, may mga instances na hindi na rin nila ma-repair yung shocks. eto eh kung sobrang sira na yung internals ng shocks (nangyayari daw ito pag pinabayaan ng sobrang tagal yung sira). if this is the case, better to get new shocks dahil ang gagawin nila is to buy a surplus unit tapos yun ang irerepair nila. cost is around 10% cheaper na lang.

pero kung repairable pa i recommend that you do this approach.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ay matanong po mga sir,

paano po b malalaman n sira n nga or kailangan ng ipatsek yung shocks?

masyado po ba obvious yun?any telltale signs n maoobserve mo if ur driving or looking at ur ride outside?

sensya n po sir medyo d po kc ko ganun kagling tumingin e!salamat po

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    ay matanong po mga sir,

paano po b malalaman n sira n nga or kailangan ng ipatsek yung shocks?

masyado po ba obvious yun?any telltale signs n maoobserve mo if ur driving or looking at ur ride outside?

sensya n po sir medyo d po kc ko ganun kagling tumingin e!salamat po
    hindi sya masyadong makikita on the physical side eh.... aside from the oil leak sa may shocks mo, which hindi rin naman nangyayari sa lahat. my shocks were busted but when i took them to cruven for repair, walang tagas.

makikita mo yan sa ride quality. pag aahon ka ng humps, medyo may bounces pag lampas mo ng humps... or pag malubak ang daan, umaalon ang oto mo.

another checking scenario is when your car is parked. diinan mo lang yung rear or yung front mo where the shocks are located and release it. the car should not bounce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast