New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Help naman po mg experts. When i am breaking the wheels gradually turns to the right even if the road is leveled. My ride is 2004 Toyota Revo SR, got 92,000Km on odometer, no underchasis repairs done yet. I thought it is because of my worn out tires but I just changed it yesterday all 4 tires, but still it turns to the right when breaking. What might be the problem kaya? Thanks in advanced.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm no car expert but I think your problem stems from unbalanced brakeforce. Since it veers to the right, I think the left wheel's brake system is either clogged or weak.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    have you check your wheel/camber alignment after changing to a new set of tires? time to do it if not.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Horsepower i will try to do some bleeding later.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks Gumusut-Amige, I have not yet. I will try the bleeding then if nothing happens then the wheel alignment.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I'm no car expert but I think your problem stems from unbalanced brakeforce. Since it veers to the right, I think the left wheel's brake system is either clogged or weak.

the sypmtoms just described is pulling while braking. let's start from the gound and up. you mentioned you thought it was the tires and you replaced them, the problem persists. when you had the tires replaced, you should have read the wear pattern of each tire in relation to their location on the car. they too tell a story just like the spark plugs. next in line up are the ball joints, are they worn? then, the suspension bushings. have a dry park test done for the steering and suspension. this is done while the car is on the ground, one person watching and feeling each suspected components for looseness whilst another person slightly turn the steering wheel left to right to left....... any worn components noted and replaced. next line up, check the brakes. first, check the condition of the brake pads and the brake rotors for grabbing or locking up. next, check your shock absorbers for leaks and proper operation. do a bounce test on each corner of the car. the oscillations of the suspension should be dampened and not bounce repeatedly. next in line, check the wheel bearings for misadjustment and wear. all these causes would have shown a telltale sign if the tire person or the alignment technician carefully analyzed the tire wear patterns

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Pag meron ako problem like you mention I would also have the underchasis system checked. brake, alignment, rack ends, tie rods, etc.

I once had a similar problem, pinaayos ko sa Cruven who systematically had several parts replaced and refurbished with their "system". Some problems were solved but not all so puwede din dalhin mo duon just resist the "offers". BTW mahal replacement parts sa kanila so do scout elsewhere pagawa mo lang sa kanila or sa neighborhood talyer mo (one close to you. do develop a good relationship with them. you never know when you might need their help.)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    base on my experience, my front wheel turn to left naman when braking, dinala ko sa suking mekaniko ko, they found out that i had a stuck up brake pads, kelangan daw i-replace yung repair kit ng brake calipers ko and after that...it all back to normal. to check if you have the same problem, try mo jack up yung front wheel mo then turn mo kung umiikot, if not, then it would be the culprit thats why when you're braking your wheel turns to the right. hope it helps.

Wheels turn to the right when braking...